Customer Development Project & Communication Specialist – Food Solutions
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
Unilever (sales €53.3 billion) is one of the world’s leading consumergoods companies, and enjoys strong profitable growth as it delivers on itspurpose to make sustainable living commonplace.
Foods (sales €12.9 billion) is one of the four major categories inUnilever’s portfolio and aims to provide consumers around the world with Foodthat tastes good, does good and doesn’t cost the earth.
Within Foods, Unilever Food Solutions is the dedicated, multi-billionEuro foodservice company serving millions Chefs in over 75 countries around theworld with a portfolio of specific business-to-business products and services.The purpose of Unilever Food Solutions is to ‘Free chefs to love what they do’.
Towards 2020 Unilever Food Solutions has a very exciting and challenginggrowth ambition, which requires driving continuous improvement of its existingbusiness model while at the same time fully embracing the opportunities broughtto us by digitalization & ecommerce.
The global Customer Development & Ecommerce Leadership Team plays aleading role in the delivery of this ambition through development of new salesand ecommerce capabilities for Unilever Food Solutions, deployment in &business partnering with the markets, and finally the management of globalaccounts.
A global vacancy has arisen for a Customer Development Project &Communication Specialist, who will support and partner with the Global VicePresident Customer Development & Ecommerce and Customer DevelopmentLeadership Team members on global Customer Development project management andcommunications matters. This dynamic role reports to the Global Vice PresidentCustomer Development & Ecommerce and is based at the Weena office in Rotterdam,The Netherlands.
Internally, the Specialist helps simplify and sharpen content on theCustomer Development & Ecommerce strategy, helps communicate it through aseries of internal events and media, supports the Customer DevelopmentLeadership Team to lead the delivery of it, and regularly provides updates onprogress to senior stakeholders in the business.
Externally, the Specialist supports key customer events like top-to-topmeetings and Unilever Food Solutions presence at key industry events.
Strategy & Internal events/media
- Ensuring consistency, simplification and sharpening ofcommunication of Strategy, Agenda, Tools and Models to all stakeholders.Sharing best practices & how-to guides across Multi-Country organisations;
- Advising the Unilever Food Solutions CustomerDevelopment Vice President and Customer Development Leadership Team on desiredapproach and communication media to be used; Lead the Customer DevelopmentLeadership Team team to collective simple communication;
- Creating Communication Plans for ongoing CustomerDevelopment activities, including content, budget, contracting and briefing ofexternal parties; For major (x-functional) internal communications campaignsworking closely with and supporting the global communications leader for UnileverFood Solutions;
- Organise content and co-ordinate Customer Developmentcontribution to Unilever Food Solutions Leadership Team global events;quarterly Customer Development Webex Meetings; multiple cluster Sales LeadersWorkshops; Global Unilever Food Solutions Customer Development Community(intranet) portal; Drive the digital Customer Development communicationsagenda;
Customer Development Leadership Team
- Organise agenda & coordinate the monthly CustomerDevelopment Leadership Team meetings; organize away days 2x per annum;
- Support new Unilever Food Solutions & CustomerDevelopment Leadership Team members in their on-boarding to Unilever FoodSolutions and Customer Development;
- Unilever Food Solutions ‘the book’ (introduction bookfor newcomers): keep relevant and up-to-date;
- Deliver quarterly newsletters & dashboard togetherwith finance, with input from Customer Development Leadership Team; providemonthly highlights to finance for central reporting
- Support major customer engagement events e.g.Top-To-Tops, conferences like Global Restaurant Leaders Conference, etc.;
- Fluent in English,both in writing and speaking;
- External &internal communications, campaigning, excellent digital skills. Ability to putstrategic thinking into simple & sharp communication so that others canunderstand;
- Ability to meetdeadlines and objectives;
- Customer oriented;
- Ability to prioritizemultiple workloads; strong planning & organizational skills;
- Creative, eye fordetail;
- Flexible, acollaborative networker and proactive; takes leadership/self-starter;
- Not afraid to step upand share knowledge and expertise, coach senior people;
- Ability to convincepeople in different layers and functions of organization;
- Results oriented,with the ability to thrive under pressure. Happy to go the extra mile whenneeded. Feels ownership and takes end-to-end responsibility for delivery.
- Master’s degree inproject management and/or communication or comparable education;
- 5 years’ workexperience in project management and/or communication;
- Proven track recordof internal and external communications management within internationalenvironment;
- Knowledge andexperience in creating consistent, simple & sharp communication;
- Project Managementexpertise.
- Customer Developmentknowledge.
- Internationalfoodservice market knowledge;
For any additional queries, pleasecontact Unilever Enterprise Support HR Services via 0800 0201072 (local) / 3120 2061 757 (international) or [email protected]
On any given day, twobillion people use Unilever products to look good, feel good and get more outof life. With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no companytouches so many people’s lives in so many different ways. Our portfolio rangesfrom nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps,luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produceworld-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann’s and Omo,alongside trusted local names such as Andrélon, Blue Band and Conimex.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top