Customer Business Manager - Publix
Background & Purpose of the Job:
Customer Development (CD) is our Sales organization at Unilever. CD works closely with customers to pioneer new products, build categories, and deploy best-in-class retail and shopper capabilities.
The primary purpose of the Customer Business Manager (CBM) position is to develop sustained business relationships with and drive profitable sales volume through Publix. The CBM is responsible for achieving volume goals while maintaining spending goals based on brand and customer joint business plan. They optimize product distribution, pricing and promotions to drive profitable growth for Unilever and Publix. It is imperative that they have a working knowledge of the consumer cross functions.
Who You Are & What You'll Do:
- You're a born leader: Manage the relationship with the category managers and interface with Publix customer; Manage NSV and trade investment by each customer; Manage plan-o-grams and retail initiatives
- You're a strategy guru: Customize corporate marketing and merchandising programs with Publix; Coordinate and manage Category Management initiatives; Coordinate Joint Business Plans with Publix
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: Drive strategic relationships and accelerated growth, while operating within approved Trade Marketing parameters and driving trade investment efficiency
- You're a dot connector: Routinely interface with multiple internal and external departments; Balance individual customer needs while ensuring total Market integrity
What You'll Need To Succeed:
- Undergraduate degree is required
- Proven Business Manager experience with a key strategic customer in consumer goods is a must
- Trade Marketing and Category Management experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of Nielsen, AMPS and Customer POS Data is strongly desired
- Must be skilled in verbal and written communications
- Must be able to effectively relate with multiple levels of management, both internally and externally
- Must be a strategic thinker that can work effectively, and in a highly collaborative manner
- Complexity and time management challenges
- Must have strong relationship building and management skills
What We Can Offer You
Meet the Women of Customer Development | Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top