Credit Team Lead
- Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Credit Team Lead is responsible for overseeing the credit granting process for $12B company. Responsibilities include optimizing company sales and reduce bad debt losses by maintaining the credit policy. Specific activities will include but not limited to receivables risk management, assessing credit worthiness of customers, managing the bad debt reserve, oversee 3rd party collection of assigned receivables, payment compliance analysis, audit compliance, credit and bad debt policy ownership and other activities.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
Responsibilities could include and not limited to:
- Consumer products credit management experience with attendance of trade groups including retail, food solutions, Canada and export business areas.
- Manage Credit Specialist and assist with new customer credit analysis, working with DMO and EDI on set ups, as well as periodic review of customer base.
- Ensure timely release of orders from credit hold; supporting the business while mitigating risk.
- Responsible for back up support to the Collections Manager and the 3rd party collections team.
- Review and approve Bad Debt Reserve reporting and coordinate quarterly Controller calls.
- Manage bankruptcy and 3rd party collection process.
- Provide global reporting and escalate as necessary.
- Support Credit Policy, Bad Debt and Expense Policy as well as Sales Policies.
- Act as support to Collection Team Lead as escalation point.
- Own the communication to internal and external audit regarding the data provided and ensure compliance for credit controls.
- Act as leader for all M&A activity for Credit, Collections, Cash and Deductions functions.
You're a strategy guru: Forward thinking approach to changing internal and external customer behaviors and protect Unilever assets
You're a dot connector: Utilize personal insight into complex situations to break existing patterns of working, creating business improvement and growth opportunities
You're a storyteller: Find the story within the data and persuade others to take action
You're a changemaker: Identify, drive and strategically influence other departments within Unilever to understand root cause of late payments and come up with creative solutions to reduce risk while helping promote sales
What You'll Need To Succeed
Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years in related field. Skills Specific Strong SAP Skills, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point), Internal controls (SOX), consumer products credit management a plus.
Additional Skills: General Accounting ability, collaboration, effective communication, strategic influencing and change management.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top