Creative Director - Seventh Generation
Background & Purpose of the Job
The mission of Seventh Generation is to inspire a consumer revolution that nurtures the health of the next Seventh Generations. By establishing a talent powerhouse that brings our principles, practices and partnerships to life we will build the most trusted brand in the industry.
We are looking for a Creative Director to join our talent powerhouse. In this role, you will lead our internal Creative Team and drive the strategy, integration and execution of Seventh Generation's design activities across our categories, channels and regions. You will act as a pivotal liaison between the Creative, Brand & Integrated Marketing teams, and a member of our Marketing Leadership Team.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
You are a visionary creative leader that brings design inspiration and thought leadership to all design disciplines. You have experience leading creative direction of projects and a firm understanding of consumer insights, brand, digital and packaging design and Omni-Channel storytelling.
- You're a born leader: In addition to your experience leading teams, you have a genuine passion for developing people.
- You're a dot connector: As a pivotal liaison between the Creative, Brand & Integrated Marketing teams, this role requires significant internal leadership and management of diverse stakeholders.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: Your passion for innovation within a growing business and multi-category environment, as well as a desire to work in an entrepreneurial, mission based organization will be keys to your success.
- You're a changemaker: You will drive the evolution of our creative vision and visual identity.
- Lead all visual communication aspects of the brand, in collaboration with the internal Creative team, Brand & Integrated Marketing teams and Agency partners. This includes but is not limited to packaging design, point of sale, digital design, and photo/video style.
- Drive and evolve the Seventh Generation aesthetic and global creative vision and champion that vision throughout the organization.
- Ensure that the brand and visual identity is consistently applied to all design material and content across the company. Ensure consistent application of the brand, internally and externally with third parties (agencies, retailers, etc.)
- Partner with Integrated Marketing Team, Global Marketing & Agencies on developing Advocacy & Advertising campaigns.
Manage & Lead Creative Team
- Direct reports: 5 designers, 1 project manager.
- Continually assess Creative infrastructure needs and work with team to implement best practices in preparation to further scale creative development to support global business.
- Actively mentor the Creative team: know where each member is in their careers, where they want to go, and support their development.
- Provide design leadership across mediums and provide daily design direction on numerous and varied projects.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- 10+ years creative design and direction experience
- 3+ years creative team management experience
- CPG and/or in-house design experience preferred
- Strong, proven leadership skills and highly developed interpersonal skills to lead and manage a team
- Strong communication and analytical skills along with the ability to think strategically and creatively
- Experience managing and leading teams in a fast paced and cross-functional focused environment with shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- A strong understanding of brand development, packaging design and multichannel marketing concepts
- Experience concepting and managing model and product photo shoots
- Fluent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Real passion for our mission to inspire a revolution that nurtures the health of the next seven generations.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability >
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top