Country Data Manager
Background & Purpose of the Job
For Unilever to remain competitive in the future, the business needs to continue its path to become data intelligent. The Information and Analytics team is responsible for building data, data science and analytics as a core capability to help the business become data intelligent and drive business and organization performance. The team will deliver advanced products at scale and work closely with the market teams to ensure that decisions in Unilever are augmented with insight & recommendations wherever possible.
There are five major themes to the Information and Analytics strategy:
Who You Are & What You'll Do
The Data Specialist is a key member of the Information & Analytics team, responsible for identifying, transforming and modeling all data (including 1st party, 2nd party, 3rd party day) with the goal of discovering useful information and supporting decision making. He/she will report into the Head of Analytics - North America team and will identify where, when, how and why the business uses data by identifying, discovering and democratizing data across the organization.
This role is a hands-on role meant to build-out our thought leadership around data and insight and to deliver clear value out of incremental internal/external data sets that can positively impact the Unilever business.
- Identify opportunities to apply diagnostic insights to data.
- Priority areas include Data Policy, External Data exploration, Consumer data, Shopper data, Media and Market Share and extends to include all other data sets relevant for Customer development.
- Facilitate data integration and data exploration across internal or external data sets that are relevant for market
- Ensure quality of data by performing quality checks on processed data, find ways to improve data quality and work process so that we can provide accurate and timely data to clients
You're a born leader: Support the Enterprise data & insight strategy for the Unilever, including the transformation of the wider organization into a data driven team
You're a strategy guru: Masterfully executes and collaborates with stakeholders and users to drive cultural shift around data within the organization
You're a dot connector: Consult on data components of projects with country / cluster wide impact; establishing data as a product, data as an enabler, then data as a service (and maybe eventually data as a business).
You're a story teller: Partner with the Global Data Expertise Group and the local business users to define concrete examples of how data can drive value across the business
You're a teacher Recommend and extract the value attributed to data as a critical organizational asset and competitive advantage
You're a changemaker: Execute the data & insights delivery plan - that includes commitments to:
- Democratization of Data across the whole organization
- Proactively identifying enrichment/growth opportunities, unlocking innovation through experimentation
- Use recognized data analysis & visualization techniques to make sense of data in a way that helps the markets to discover useful information to improve the overall business objectives and performance
What You'll Need To Succeed
- B.A. in a relevant field with demonstrable understanding of business processes.
- Minimum 5+ years in demonstrable enterprise value realization from data and business intelligence
- Strong track record of working with stakeholders to drive definition, alignment, and support for application of analytics and data to address complex business issues
- Strong communication and Influencing skills
- Experience in driving business value through data / data science
- Experience with data modeling, data analysis and visualization techniques
- Ability to manage multiple requests and priorities simultaneously in a highly VUCA and competitive market
- Passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Ability to apply an agile analytic approach that allows for results at varying levels of precision
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative insights in a precise, and actionable manner
- Ability to rapidly connect + match analytics and data products to business needs; preferred knowledge in:
statistics (Regression, Clustering, Random Forrest, Decision Trees, Optimization, Time Series, Probability, and other related advanced methodologies)
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top