Country Data Expert
- Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Background & Purpose of the Job
For Unilever to remain competitive in the future, the business needs to continue its path to become data intelligent. The Information and Analytics (I&A) team is responsible for building data, data science and analytics as a core capability to help the business become data intelligent and drive business and organization performance.The team will deliver advanced products at scale and work closely with the market teams to ensure that decisions in Unilever are augmented with insight and recommendations wherever possible.
There are five major themes to the I&A strategy:
1. Deliver intelligent systems at scale. Powering business (cross functional) and customer development areas through data and analytics. Building out the right applications to enable business teams to move faster, with more accurate and future-looking decisions leveraging big data and data science
2. Winning disproportionately in markets. We believe that the best way to move the needle for Unilever in analytics is to work with leading geographies to create analytics products that make significant impacts to our business
3. Drive Unilever to assisted and predictive decision-making. The future is about assisted decision-making with machines (artificial intelligence (AI)/cognitive computing/machine learning) unlocking the insights from a vast deluge of consumer, customer and internal data, and presenting this in a way that is simple for our teams
4. Make data a true asset. Better data and data science access for every part of Unilever, across the three-data framework (connectivity, growth, continuous improvement) and leading through the Enterprise Data Executive
5. World-class information: One version of the facts. Continued excellence in delivery of diagnostics and insights to focus attention when and where it matters with a focus on big bets, strategic initiatives and leadership team reporting
The Country Data Expert is a key member of the I&A team, responsible for transforming and modelling the data with the goal of discovering useful information and supporting decision making. He/she will report into the Lead Data & Analytics Solution Manager and will identify where, when, how and why the business uses data by democratizing data across the organization.
This role is a hands-on opportunity to build-out our thought leadership around data and insight and to deliver clear value out of incremental internal/external data sets that can positively impact the Unilever business.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the enterprise data and insight strategy for Unilever, including the transformation of the wider organization into a data driven team
- Partner with the Global Data Expertise Group and the local business users to define how data can drive value across the business
- Execute the data and insights delivery plan - which includes commitments to:
- Democratization of data across the whole organization
- Proactively identifying enrichment, growth and quality opportunities, unlocking innovation through experimentation
- Recommend and extract the value attributed to data as a critical organizational asset and competitive advantage.
- Priority areas include Data Quality, ETL, Data Integration, Data Management and Architectures, Data Transformation, Data Policy, External Data Exploration
- Data sets include consumer data, shopper data, finance data, supply chain data, media and market share and extends to include all other data sets relevant for Customer Development
- Identify opportunities to apply diagnostic insights to data, aligning to the strategy
- Consult on data components of projects with country/cluster-wide impact; establishing data as a product, data as an enabler, then data as a service (and maybe eventually data as a business)
- Facilitate data integration and data exploration across internal or external data sets that are relevant for market
- Ensure quality of data by performing quality checks on processed data, find ways to improve data quality and work process so that we can provide accurate and timely data to clients
- Provide data expertise on all North America data sources
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional/non-functional business requirements
- Masterfully execute and collaborate with stakeholders and users to drive cultural shift around data within the organization
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, economics, finance, or similar technical background
- 2+ years of data warehousing experience
- 2+ years of database administration experience
- Hands on experience with big data platforms and data lake implementation
- Experience in data engineering, data governance and data architecture in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of data management principles, processes and data lifecycle, including master and meta data management
- Experience with data modeling, transformation, data analysis and visualization techniques
- Project management experience and exposure to both waterfall and agile development for data warehouses
- Familiarity with data science techniques including statistical and machine learning methods
- Ability to communicate analytic and data solutions in an actionable manner to business managers
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top