Controls and Automation Engineer
Controls and Automation Engineer
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Controls and Automation - ProjectDelivery Engineer will manage the end to end delivery of the site capitalprojects on electrical upgrades and controls and automation. Will drivethe site masterplan for electrical systems and controls and automation alignedwith the Unilever design teams. Provides support to the day to day andreliability activities. Reports to Site Engineering Manager,Kilbourn – Dressings Site.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
- You're a born leader: Leads all electrical engineering and controls and automation capital projects at the site and ensures corporate standards are followed. Provides technical expertise and input into reliability issues for factory systems: SCADA, PLC, HMI, DCS, variable speed control, servo-motion control, etc. to maximize plant efficiency and reliability. You are the site expert on electrical and controls and automation systems. Provides leadership in the management of software modification and optimizing programming, and maintains all records
- You're a change maker: Participates in establishing company-wide best practices and standards for electrical engineering and controls and automation and is responsible for ensuring compliance at local site. Leads the development of the plant masterplan for electrical systems and controls and automation. Technical resource to the category engineering team for new products and re-stages (innovation and renovation).
- You're a dot connector: Participates in cross-plant improvement teams. Develop strong partnership with plant manufacturing, corporate engineering and union workforce. Supports root cause analysis on electrical, instrumentation and control issues.
- You're a culture and change champion: Value engineering; bringing new Ways of Working to the Engineering community in our continued pursuit of the lowest installed cost, while living our core values (Value vs. Values proposition)
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: On Time In Full (OTIF) end to end delivery of assigned capital projects (typical value €0.05m - 2 Million) adhering to Unilever standards and ensuring safety as our number 1 priority.
Check out our facility : https://youtu.be/EH7fbCUK8C4
What You'll Need to Succeed:
- Education: BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree.
- Experience: 5 Years of Project Engineering in FMCG / related Industry or gained in an engineering consultancy environment
- Project Management experience with electrical / controls and automation systems.
- Software / PLC programming knowledge, Process and packaging electrical hardware knowledge
- Attained Professional Engineer Status (Or member of professional institution)
- First-hand experience delivering major electrical and controls and automation capital projects within Unilever or similar FMCG environment
Unilever is an organization committed todiversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a betterfuture every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, andcommunities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitionsand drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action EmployerMinorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected fromdiscrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEOis the Law
Employment is subject to verification ofpre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, creditcheck and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top