Continuous Improvement Engineer
Continuous Improvement Engineer
Jefferson City, MO
Background & Purpose of the Job
Exciting opportunity in a consumer products manufacturing environment being a front-line engineer and problem solver. The continuous improvement engineer will work closely with the operations and maintenance personnel to understand and eliminate losses to improve factory safety, quality, and efficiency. This is an autonomous position with clear deliverables which allows the individual to apply engineering knowledge and experience to understand and solve losses and implement sustained solutions.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
Role is expected to work seamlessly with all levels of the organization to provide support, understanding, and sustained solutions to institute clear and consistent processes and sustainably eliminate losses. Role will be assigned to one or several areas of the plant to develop a pareto 'loss tree'. A successful application of both engineering knowledge and project management skills are imperative to the success of the role. The role is relatively autonomous and needs to be able to synthesize information from multiple sources (data, operator/mechanic feedback, observations) to develop a clear glide path towards improving efficiencies.
• You're a dot connector: Ability to utilize background knowledge, data, and theory of operations to conduct root cause problem solving to the phenomenon level of mechanical, electrical, and systems level processes
• You're a story teller: Coordinate and cooperate with production and maintenance teams using data to ensure optimum and sustained solutions are implemented.
• You're a teacher: Ability to coach and train others to better understand and eliminate losses
• You're a changemaker: Ability to drive the problem-solving mindset and methodology at all levels of the organization
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering (or a related field) preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering or industry work experience;
- Experience with at least 1 continuous improvement problem solving methodology and tools (5W1H, 5Why, 4M, Lean, Six Sigma);
- Basic understanding or experience in the following: statistics, process control, autonomous maintenance, professional maintenance
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and D
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top