Consumer Services Associate
Ben & Jerry's
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry's became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever whilst maintaining an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality. Nowadays our products are distributed in 35 countries in supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, franchise Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shops, restaurants and other venues.
At Ben & Jerry's we have an inspiring ambition. We aim to pioneer our 'linked prosperity business model' to advance the global movement for social and economic justice while growing our sales to one billion € by 2020. Therefore we are expanding rapidly in Europe as well as in new markets in Asia and Latin America. This translates into a high-paced growth environment where we bring our grassroots and activist spirit every day. That is how we remain a true values-led organisation with a connected 3 part mission, which you will find reflected in your goals and aspirations:
1) Social mission: to initiate innovative ways to improve the quality of life locally, nationally and internationally
2) Product mission: to make and distribute the finest quality all natural and super premium ice-cream and euphoric concoctions
3) Economic mission: to operate the Company on a sustainable financial basis of profitable growth
Role & Responsibilities - your purpose
The ideal candidate for this position will be a passionate ambassador of good will and an avid learner who is willing to grow in this position. We're looking for someone who will go above and beyond to provide outstanding customer service while keeping it fun and engaging for our fans and co-workers. This team member will monitor and manage a variety of consumer contacts received through our various contact channels including phone calls, emails, old school letters, and social media accounts. This person will provide timely, accurate, fun and informed responses to our consumers and stakeholders regarding products, new product launches, social mission issues, scoop shops, and company-sponsored campaigns. Responding to a wide array of questions and concerns, keeping current on product and company knowledge, managing challenging conversations, while keeping a pleasant and upbeat attitude throughout the day is what this team is known for. In addition, it will be expected that necessary and relevant feedback will be provided to all interested internal customers and stakeholders including Marketing, R&D, Manufacturing, and more! We're interested in finding an innovative team member who is willing to actively participate in change initiatives that advance the role of Consumer Services. We're looking or someone to become part of our high performing team and be willing to work collaboratively with all team members, provide support where needed, and look for opportunities for improvement in a fast paced, ever-changing communications and service environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following:
- Respond to consumer phone calls, letters, emails and social media contacts related to products, scoop shops, posts, and company campaigns with maturity and professionalism
- Converse or correspond with consumers and fans, and when necessary, research issues with co-workers and other departments to obtain answers for satisfactory resolution, solutions, and answers to consumer concerns , requests and inquiries of all shapes and sizes.
- Provide consistent, fast and accurate entry of consumer contact data for our consumer engagement database and consumer engagement systems.
- Collect and examine all pertinent and relevant information in order to validate consumer claims and provide quick turnaround for claim resolution.
- Follow through with consumers and co-workers on findings, adjustments, and recommendations for issue resolution.
- Learn and utilize programs such as Salesforce, Excel, Tableau and PowerPoint, analyze data, and help identify trends, insights, and sometimes product issues in need of improvement.
- Participate and collaborate on cross-functional work teams as assigned to address identified improvement initiatives and special projects. Provide project status updates to team and manager on a regular basis.
- Follow through with recommended adjustments and improvements to enhance consumer satisfaction and build lifelong loyalty in our fans.
- Maintain composure and appropriately de-escalate emotionally charged communications and consumer complaints. Remain cool under pressure.
- Demonstrate empathy and genuine caring in all interactions
- And, other duties as assigned!
Skills & Experience
Given Ben & Jerry's unique position within Unilever, the ability to build excellent relationships within both Unilever and Ben & Jerry's will be essential. We are looking for people who can ultimately leverage the marketing excellence and operational effectiveness that is built by Unilever - while preserving the 3 part mission and community of connectivity within Ben & Jerry's. Having the right energy and attitude to connect both parts of our organisation will be critical for success.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience researching and responding to consumer issues.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Requires highly-developed listening skills.
- Requires excellent customer service skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel, Word and ability to easily learn contact management and reporting systems.
- Proficient with communications on digital social spaces including Facebook and Twitter.
- Able to work solo, collaboratively with the team, and across departments when necessary.
Our people profile
To support out 3-part mission, Ben & Jerry's also has an outspoken people-mission. We look for people with these characteristics to strengthen our team:
- Purpose-driven: passion and drive to make a real impact with through our Social Mission
- Empathy: curious to collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles and to build excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders - this includes cross-functional relationships and striving for collaborative success
- Mastery: continuously learn, grow and develop to contribute to B&Js
- Autonomy: dare to make choices and take ownership
- Activism: interested in bringing about political or social connectivity
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Back to top