Collections Team Lead
- Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Background & Purpose of the Job
Through the partnership of the 3rd party collection application team and Unilever, the Collections Team Lead will drive working capital improvement by ensuring on-time payment from customers by enforcing company Terms of Sale. Specific activities will include but not limited oversee 3rd party collection of assigned receivables, payment compliance analysis, audit compliance, collection policy ownership and other activities.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
Responsibilities could include and not limited to:
- Manage Collection Specialist and support as additional escalation point.
- Responsible for working closely with Credit Team in identifying customer risk and providing backup to release orders on credit hold.
- Ensure LEAP reporting completion and LEAP Meets input.
- Provide global reporting and escalate as necessary.
- Assist with the management of bankruptcy and 3rd party collection process.
- Coordinate weekly/Monthly HRC Meetings for problem solving and process improvement
- Act as second escalation point for issues as well as identify possible process improvements.
- Own the communication to internal and external audit regarding the data provided and ensure compliance for collection controls.
- Oversee the collection efforts of approximately $800mm accounts receivable balances for all business areas
- Responsible to provide support to the 3rd party collections team and act as subject matter expert.
You're a strategy guru: Forward thinking approach to changing internal and external customer behaviors and protect Unilever assets
You're a dot connector: Utilize personal insight into complex situations to break existing patterns of working, creating business improvement and growth opportunities
You're a storyteller: Find the story within the data and persuade others to take action
You're a changemaker: Identify, drive and strategically influence other departments within Unilever to understand root cause of late payments and come up with creative solutions to reduce risk while helping promote sales
What You'll Need To Succeed
Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years in related field. Strong SAP Skills, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point), Internal controls (SOX), consumer products credit management a plus.
Additional Skills: General Accounting ability, collaboration, effective communication, strategic influencing and change management.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top