Category & Shopper Inisght Advisor - Mississauga/Toronto
Background & Purpose of the Job
Our Customer Development group has an opening for a Category & Shopper Insight Manager to drive best practice category management initiatives.
Please note: this position is currently located at our Mississauga office (2360 Meadowpine Blvd) and as of September, 2018, it will be relocating to Toronto (160 Bloor St. E).>
Who You Are & What You'll Do
- You're a strategy guru: You will develop retail customer Category Growth Targets and an action plan to achieve the targets, developing and monitoring an engagement plan and ''gap closing'' measures where required.
- You're a dot connector: You will use your deep understanding of the retailer strategies as well as the strategies of the competitive set in order to make sound recommendations.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: You will develop strategies & opportunities through analytics and value creation to drive growth with the Retailer and work alongside the Account Manager to execute.
- You're a story teller: You will support the annual Business Planning process, specifically the development of Trade Category Plans and Account Joint Business Planning, through data analysis and opportunity identification.
- You're a teacher: You will use your deep understanding of the retailer strategies as well as the strategies of the competitive set in order to make sound recommendations on assortment, shelving, promotional and pricing strategies and tactics for all items in the advisory.
- You're a paradox navigator: You will evaluate innovation in the marketplace and recommend listing status. Analytics on return on shelf space for all innovation is required of the advisor position with ongoing evaluation of new items vs. the items being replaced.
- You're a culture & change champion: You will educate the retailer on assigned categories in order to ensure leading edge category thinking. Connectivity with other Category Insight Teams around the world is essential. You will play a critical role in developing the entire Unilever relationship with the retailer.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- University Degree is required
- Previous work experience within Category Insight, Trade Management, Account/Brand Management or Nielsen
- Proven interpersonal, analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with computer applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required.
- Knowledge of market research including A.C. Nielsen, MarketTrack and Homescan is essential.
- Previous category management at the retail or manufacturer level, as well as shelf/space Management software experience are definite assets.
- The successful candidate will possess a valid Ontario driver's license, in good standing.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability >
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top