With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.
Our portfolio ranges from nutritionally balanced foods to indulgent ice creams, affordable soaps, luxurious shampoos and everyday household care products. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Hellmann’s, Dove, Vaseline, Axe & Ben & Jerry’s.
Unilever is looking for an ambitious, curious, pragmatic and analytical Category Manager, based at the Fornebu office. The Category Manager role requires good business understanding and a long-term strategic vision. The Category Manager will plan and implement customer category plans, drive customer projects, develop promotion- and banner strategies – all in order to drive growth in the category for our customers. You will have a central position, with both internal and external stakeholders, and high opportunity to influence the business result.
- Secure long term, strategic and customized category plans to ensure category growth to our customers and healthy and sustainable development for our brands and business.
- Initiate and run category projects.
- Prepare new product introduction to secure a perfect launch.
- Develop promo- and banner strategies.
- Monitor the category using analytical tools, and make category- and shopper insight as an integrated part of the business.
- Drive and look for growth initiatives and be the perfect link between sales and marketing.
THIS IS WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- We require a good business understanding and a long-term strategic vision
- You have the customer in focus at all times
- You have experience from category or product management or from an insight position
- If you have experience from FMCG it will be considered as a plus
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU NEED/HAVE:
- Degree in Economics or equivalent
- Minimum two to three years of experience from category or product management, or from an insight position
- Experience from FMCG and international brands and companies is an advantage.
- Fluent in Norwegian and English
- Good IT skills (Powerpoint, Excel)
- Good financial and analytical understanding
- Knowledge to Nielsen data tools is an advantage
- Shopper-insight is an advantage
Please visit www.unilever.com/careers. Please send your application in English, as soon as possible, but by 2017-02-26 at the latest. Please mind that the position might be filled before the last day to apply. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants.
For questions regarding your application, please contact HR Services 47 23 02 45 13.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
Scientist, Research & Development, Product Development
As part of the Global Design Team at Unilever in the men’s cleansing category, Sean spends his days formulating body washes for customers around the world.
Back to top