Background & Purposeof the Job
The CategoryEngineer position based in the Chicago - Kilbourn Factory, will manage the endto end delivery of the dressings category technology projects. This includes direct capital projectmanagement of innovation and technology changes at Kilbourn and third-partyfactories. Provides support andexpertise to the day to day and reliability activities at the factory. Reports to Category Engineering Mgr., Kilbourn– Dressings Site. Position work level is 1C.
Who You Are & WhatYou'll Do
- You'rea born leader: Leads technology,capital, innovation, capacity, and value improvement projects for the dressingscategory. Responsible for providing estimates, options assessment, and technicalsupport for these projects. Carries out tasks related to project assessment,technical support and implementation with minimum supervision. Ensurescompliance with Unilever Hygiene, equipment and safety standards,specifications, and best practices. Thisshall include formulation/process/equipment evaluations, industrial trials,preliminary engineering, project cost controls, timeline, establishment ofcommissioning plan, plant/equipment commissioning, production startup.
- You're a change maker: Participates inestablishing company-wide best practices and standards for technology changesand commissioning. Technical resource tothe category engineering team for new products and re-stages (innovation andrenovation). Contributes to thetechnology improvements for the category for processing and packagingequipment. Develops checkout, testing, andstart-up protocol for the commissioning of equipment, packaging lines andcontrol systems.
- You're a dotconnector: Participatesin cross-plant improvement teams. Develop strong partnership with plantmanufacturing, corporate engineering and union workforce. Team member forinnovation, larger restructuring, or supply chain strategic investments.Collaborate with other manufacturing engineers and category engineers inestablishing best practices. Interfacedirectly with R&D, marketing, & innovation planning teams to driveon-time delivery of innovation projects.
- You'rea culture and change champion: Value engineering; bringing new Ways of Working to the Engineeringcommunity in our continued pursuit of the lowest installed cost, while livingour core values (Value vs. Values proposition)
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: On Time In Full (OTIF) end to end delivery of assigned capital and innovation projects (typical value €0.05m - 2 Million) adhering to Unilever standards and ensuring safety as our number 1 priority.
What You'll Need toSucceed:
- Education: BS in Engineering or equivalenttechnical degree.
- Experience: 5 Years of project or process Engineering in FMCG / related Industry or gained in an engineering consultancy environment
- Attained Professional Engineer Status (Ormember of professional institution)
- First-hand experience delivering orleading start-up for major capital projects within Unilever or similar FMCGenvironment
What We Can Offer You
- Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach| Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is anorganization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business resultsand create a better future every day for our diverse employees, globalconsumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows usto match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/ProtectedVeterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discriminationunder Federal law. For more information, please see EEOis the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screeningtests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMVcheck.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top