Business Intelligence Analyst, eCommerce
- Seattle, WA
Background and Purpose of Job
eCommerce is disrupting CPG retail, contributing up to 50% of total industry growth and leading CPGs are putting digital-eCommerce at the heart of their strategies. Not only is eCommerce driving growth, but it is an evolving landscape that requires intelligent tools, systems and reporting to power new capabilities.
Unilever is looking for a Business Intelligence Analystthat will help enable a data-driven agenda with the eCommerce customer development teams. Working directly with Pure Play (i.e., Amazon) and Omnichannel (i.e., Walmart, Kroger, etc.) teams, as well as cross-functional partners, this person will leverage smart data to create a mutually profitable and high-growth business with eCommerce retailers.
Unilever is home to iconic brands such as Dove, AXE, Ben & Jerry's, Seventh Generation, and Lipton, and on any given day, over 2 billion people around the world use our products. Accelerating eCommerce enables us to get closer to our consumers and rapidly scale our brands. This role will be critical to the growth of Unilever's business through the eCommerce retail channel.
Who You Are and What You'll Do
- Your mantra is "data-driven" growth: You believe that data is Unilever's greatest asset - it drives growth, transforms companies and is the biggest bet for disruption. You will need to:
- Get into the details of data, basic modelling and forecasting
- Develop/build reporting tools, dashboards and scorecards
- Embed and train tools with cross-functional eCommerce teams
- Automate and scale (with local/global support teams)
- You are passionate about eCommerce: You believe that eCommerce is not only transforming the way people shop and interact with our brands, it's an influential media vehicle with future ground-breaking capabilities.
- You are a self-starter: You love working with ambiguity, developing new solutions and influencing change.
- You love building your own analytical tools: You like to create your own tools using visual analytics, modelling and technology. You love to invent, simplify and automate.
- You're a storyteller and influencer: You know how to turn data into insights and inspire people to buy into your vision.
- You know if it's not real-time, it's probably too late: You believe in process automation, assisted and predictive decision making.
- Create, automate and manage performance measurement tools for eCommerce sales teams.
- Develop and embed "one source of truth" for reporting, score-carding and cataloging across the customer development (sales) organization.
- Uncover data-driven investment opportunities and operational efficiencies using POS, inventory, media, profitability, market share and other 3rd party data sources.
- Support post-mortem analysis and optimization of shopper marketing, digital merchandizing and promotional campaigns.
- Maintain and develop KPIs to support US eCommerce growth ambition.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, statistics, economics or related field
- A minimum of 3-4 years of business analyst experience in FMCG or CPG within customer development (sales/business development) analytics and reporting.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in statistical modelling or creating analytical frameworks for retail or eCommerce.
- Working knowledge of eCommerce retail basics, traffic & conversion drivers, search optimization, pricing elasticity, the consumer's path to purchase journey, and pure play customer models.
- Good understanding of financial metrics, pricing, ROI and promotional evaluations using data.
- Ability to communicate complex analytical solutions to business stakeholders.
- High proficiency with Excel and Power BI (or similar visualization tools).
- Experience with SQL and understanding of database architecture.
- Preferred experience with cloud-based IT infrastructure such as Azure/Databricks.
- Preferred experience with Amazon.com or Walmart.com vendor partnerships.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top