Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager (BDM) position is responsible for the operation and communication of trade budgets and strategic initiatives to the field resulting in successful implementation of brand plans nationally. The BDM evaluates and increases efficiency & effectiveness of the total trade investment and works collaboratively with Shopper Marketing to efficiently overlay consumer merchandising and evaluates promotional effectiveness. The BDM is directly responsible for leading the development of strategies and tactical plans to drive brand volume and profit, focused on new product introductions, trade advertising, trade promotions, and merchandising support. The BDM creates a detailed business plan to match marketing, production and logistic capabilities, and to meet the profit and turnover requirements of both the company and the customers.
- Effectively influence stakeholders (CCD, Brand, TL's/CBM's/RSM's) to deliver division growth agenda
- Develop, monitor, and drive division/sector merchandising strategies and business plans
- Identify growth opportunities to build core distribution across the portfolio
- Recommend and coordinate new ideas for each customer and all brands.
- Evaluate and adjust trade and consumer events to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Coordinate semester reviews across the sector and monitor CGP while maximizing innovation
- Evaluate promotional effectiveness and ROI on promotional activity to support programs and products developed
- Manage the balance between Sales and Margin across all categories
- Oversee and facilitate forecast process which includes division forecasts and estimates
- Work closely with Trade Marketing and Field Sales as well as consumer promotions to recommend programming and communicate volume/spend estimates
- Continually reevaluate trade & marketing plans, making adjustments to capture division opportunities and provide strategic and analytic insight and recommendations
- Develop innovative strategies aimed at uncovering new opportunities to drive the growth of the brand and to ensure that sales and profit goals are met
- The creation and evaluation of business opportunities arising from developments in local retailing. Incorporating these within the strategy and innovation processes of the company.
- The integration of customer, competitor and company aims, practices and processes into an overall approach for the division
- Select, manage and train personnel
- Ensure spend is managed to drive factory shipments and consumption
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects on time and on budget
- Key initiatives include: Customer category matrix (11 categories / 10 channel); Sales, Margin, Share; OSA; Sustainability
Skills & Requirements :
- Undergraduate degree required / MBA preferred
- 5 - 10 years of trade marketing, category management & customer management experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective people management and talent development skills
- Must be proactive with ability to work without constant supervision
[Internal Only By applying for this vacancy, you are confirming that you have made your Line Manager aware of your application and that you are at a point in your career with Unilever where it is appropriate for you to be applying for other positions.]
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law . Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top