Ben & Jerry's - Maintenance Technician I (3rd Shift)
Background & Purpose of the Job
Ben & Jerry's mission has always meant more than how flavors taste and how fast they fly off the shelf. We are about going to bat for our communities at home and abroad; continually fine-tuning our operations to respect and restore the environment; never losing sight of our goal for extraordinary products while, at the same time, making a difference in our society. What makes Ben & Jerry's, Ben & Jerry's? We make the best possible ice cream in the nicest way possible.
Interested in joining our mission to fill store shelves with our ice cream? Our Vermont Manufacturing team is currently looking for a Maintenance Technician Level I to support our St. Albans, VT site. The Maintenance Technician I role is responsible for maintaining, monitoring and repairing facilities/manufacturing equipment to ensure their reliable and safe operation.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
- Plan, perform and/or oversee preventive maintenance on equipment
- Plan and perform routine system evaluations of mechanical equipment, identifying performance trends or issues and recommending courses of action
- Resolve equipment malfunctions by evaluating performance breakdowns, identifying the root cause and taking corrective action within the WCM methodology.
- Design and fabricate changes to equipment to enhance process performance.
- Interpret and ensure compliance with building codes and regulations on projects
- Participate on evaluation teams comprised of R&D personnel, contractors and vendors to introduce new processes and/or equipment
- Draft procedures and manuals for preventive maintenance of process systems and equipment
- Ensure compliance with GMPs and safety policies while planning and completing projects
- Develop and conduct training modules
- Ensure that our required safety practices are being followed at all times by contractors performing work
- Work in partnership with the WCM team and PM coordinator to deliver improvements to the line efficiency
- Continued upskilling of maintenance techs in the WCM methodology and support of the WCM team.
What You'll Need To Succeed
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent
• Vermont State Electrician License preferred
• Understanding of 3 phase power systems
• Understanding of control systems AC/DC voltages
• Basic Mechanical troubleshooting skills required
• Experience working in a maintenance shop, using power tools, bench tools, and other various machinery
• Willingness to work on the manufacturing floor--to be exposed to mechanical operations and cleaning/caustic solutions
• Required to occasionally lift 50 lbs
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening and background check.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Back to top