Ben & Jerry's Hiring Event (St Albans VT)
- St. Albans City, VT
(AM) 7:00 am - 7:30 pm
(PM) 7:00 pm - 7:30 am
Background & Purpose of the Job
Ben & Jerry's produces super premium ice cream known for its high quality and unique add-ins ranging from large chunks of bakery items, chocolate, nuts, sauces and candy pieces, all with their own quirky memorable names.
We make the best possible ice cream in the nicest way possible. It takes a variety of people and disciplines to deliver a taste bud-boggling odyssey great enough to take you all the way to the state of euphoria.
Our Vermont Manufacturing team is currently looking for Production Workers to support our St. Albans team in performing various functions in the ice cream production process to ensure safe operation of the machinery, with a focus on producing quality product.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
- Perform the various ice cream production process
- Equipment setup and flavor changeovers.
- Operate as a business unit and understand quality, cost, downtime, safety and efficiency.
- Perform preventative maintenance and CIP as part of the standard process.
- Use the automated computer systems to manage the quality, efficiency and downtime in the process.
- Troubleshoot and fix equipment and quality related process problems.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized process area.
- Lead projects and document results.
- Participate fully on the team: listen, communicate, teach, share knowledge, give feedback, support other team members and be willing to work until the job is done.
- Consistently demonstrate safe work behaviors and actively support company safety goals.
- Manufacturing environment, individual will be expected to work on the manufacturing floor and be exposed to mechanical operations and cleaning and caustic solutions.
- Other duties as assigned
In addition there will be exposure to allergens such as dairy, eggs, tree nuts, coconut, peanuts, wheat (gluten), soybean and cinnamon.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (REQUIRED)
- Knowledge to properly utilize PPE such as ear protection, safety glasses, hard hats, boots, gloves, face shields and uniforms.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to read and understand product specifications
- Ability to complete job related documentation
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work with and around industrial strength cleaning chemicals to perform COP related tasks.
- Ability to understand general machine operations including LOTO, basic trouble shooting skills and light lubrication
- Ability to create, write and deliver training related to specific positions.
- Ability to perform CIP related tasks as needed per position
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results (including marijuana) and background investigation.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top