Ben & Jerry's Class I - Compounding/Mixer (Evening Shift)
Background & Purpose of the Job
To work as part of the Ben & Jerry's team as a Class I -Mixer, to produce the best quality ice cream with excellent production efficiency in a clean and safe environment.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
As a Mix Team Member, you will:
- Perform the various ice cream production process steps from receiving materials to shipping finished product.
- Equipment setup and flavor changeovers. Operate as a business unit and understand quality, cost, downtime, safety and efficiency.
- Perform preventative maintenance and CIP as part of the standard process.
- Use the automated computer systems to manage the quality, efficiency and downtime in the process.
- Troubleshoot and fix equipment and quality related process problems.
- Maintain a clean and sanitized process area. Lead projects and document results.
- Participate fully on the team: listen, communicate, teach, share knowledge, give feedback, support other team members and be willing to work until the job is done.
- Consistently demonstrate safe work behaviors and actively support company safety goals
What You'll Need To Succeed
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience running ice cream production equipment, material handling, shipping/receiving and running a forklift; CIP experience helpful.
- Experience using computer systems, solving mathematical problems and implementing SPC.
- Basic knowledge and experience with mechanical and electronic control.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and grow with the plant; ability to work in a team environment - the desire to teach, learn, and coach.
- Ability to be creative in finding solutions and open to new ideas.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds required
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, and background check.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Back to top