JOP TITLE: Axe R&D Assistant Manager
Unilever is one of the world's leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos , Hellmann's, Lipton, Wall's, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry's, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx. Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That's why our purpose is 'to make sustainable living commonplace "
We are a global team who innovate boldly to create the products and experiences that improve people's health, confidence and well being and positively impact the health of the planet. This in turn drives sustainable, profitable growth for Unilever and our much-loved brands.
We are the innovators, scientists, engineers, chefs, technologists, regulatory experts and data scientists, bringing to life our ambitions, without being afraid to challenge our own thinking to get there.
We are award-winning leaders recognized for our expertise, celebrating the diversity and creativity in each and every one of us that makes our innovations come to life.
We are Unilever R&D.
In Axe R&D, our purpose is to take Axe to the moon by crafting mixes that Gen Z falls in love with.
Axe is in an exciting period as it repositions as a brand. Axe aims to have the best fragrances in the market, game changing technologies in its products and also be sustainable and planet positive.
This position plays an important role in achieving this ambitious goal as part of the growth agenda for Axe globally. Based in the Axe R&D innovation team you will drive growth by fully exploiting and leveraging the best technologies and products across our portfolio. You key partners will include marketing, claims and activation teams.
- Craft technology stories and assets that are meaningful to consumers by working closely with local markets, brand engagement, R&D claims and brand innovation teams.
- Leading/supporting brand led growth projects by partnering with the Axe Brand team and Claims teams to craft and land compelling product mixes.
- Be the lead R&D contact for the Axe brand Engagement team, working on activities to raise the profile of the Brand and drive talk ability through social media. You will work closely with the R&D claims team.
- Project Management.
- Technology storytelling, with the ability to translate complex science into a meaningful consumer story.
- Strong in building relationships and working virtually with different teams.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Responsibility and accountability to deliver what has been agreed and go the extra mile.
- Passion for and attention to consumer needs and trends.
- Transform Data into Action: Highly analytical and good organizational skills
- Create Focused Strategies & Plans: to accelerate brand growth.
- Entrepreneurial drive and passion to deliver growth.
- Project Management across multi-functional teams.
- Working with and managing internal and external partners.
- Communicating complex ideas, concepts, or technologies in a simple way.
- Data analysis, interpretation, and visualization.
- Awareness of channel strategy, including e-comm.
- Understanding of Finance and business cases to drive decision making.
- Knowledge of formulation/packaging techniques and product design gained in FMCG, or cosmetic care is welcome.
- Knowledge of formulation/packaging technologies or different technology bases e.g. suspension, emulsion, solution is also welcome.
Not only do we offer a competitive salary, but also our p ension scheme , an annual b onus, a f ree g ym, a s taff s hop and s hares . You'll get the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and agile environment. We strive to achieve a family-friendly culture and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money.
In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever. They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is Unilever tackling this?
Many of Unilever's recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scan for signs of people setting up fake Unilever sites and act to close them down.