Associate Strategic Supply Chain Manager
- Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Associate Strategic Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for leading and driving strategic programs in the North America Logistics Organization, in close partnership with the Supply Chain & IT Organizations.This role will be focused on developing robust mechanisms to assist in digitizing Supply Chain through integration, training, testing and support plans for advanced Warehousing and Transportation processes. The scope of this role will reach across all categories and touch all functions in organization.
Who you Are and What You'll Do:
You will partner closely with the NA Supply Chain, Geography IT, Global IT, & External IT Service Providers to drive operation performance improvements using technology, business process and continuous improvement. As such, you will be responsible to implement Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Transportation Management Systems (TMS) to include modifications and complimentary software in alignment with the NA & Global Systems, Digital and Process strategy.
Accountability overview (including, but not limited to):
- Identify process or system innovation opportunities for Logistics & Supply Chain Operations supporting the Unilever savings program & North America Leadership agenda
- Implement systems projects and enhancements in coordination with IT & Supply Chain Organization. Systems to include WMS (EWM/JDA), TMS (OTM), ERP (SAP-ECC), 3rd party software, other.
- Defining/Building requirements for business with IT teams
- Managing project end to end timelines and risks
- Support UAT requirements
- Develop or conduct training such as providing OPL's (One-point lessons) and/or providing Instructor-Led classroom sessions on system operation
- Define and help enforce system best practices via a combination of gap analysis, audits, user groups, 3rd party supplier partnerships
- Lead and manage direct and indirect teammates
- Provide or assist Level Zero systems administrator support
- Supporting a large de-centralized user community
- Direct contact with and support a community of >100 primary end-users
- Support Users across 15+ Distribution Center (DC), Factory, Co-pack sites
- Required to have complete end to end vision on impact of system implementation and modifications
- Present project updates as report outs or innovation to get buy in from leadership
- Challenge status quo with accountability and change management within Unilever and 3rd party suppliers
- Other process responsibilities include
- Interpreting data and drawing insights from ERP, TMS, WMS, Yard Management Systems & LMS transactional information
- Supporting the monthly publishing of various KPI metrics
- Facilitating the collaboration & communities of practice between plants /DC's/ Supply Chain Planning
- Monitoring and driving the process and utilization of system best practices for Plants/DCs.
What You'll Need To Succeed
The ideal candidate must be a thought leader with a demonstrated ability to lead strategic programs and change management and sustainable improvement projects.
You'll need to demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree - preferably in an engineering, computer science, analytics (math, statistics, economics) or Supply Chain related discipline. MBA or Master's degree a plus.
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience in Transportation, Warehouse or Supply Chain Manufacturing with required System Support Activity.
- Knowledge of TMS, WMS, YMS, and/or ERP systems
- Strong communication and presentations skills
- High competency in analytics and the ability tointerpret and communicate complex data sets
- A strong aptitude for motivating and influencing teams at all levels without direct reporting authority
- Proficiency in MS Office with strength in MS Excel and Power Point
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top