Associate Manager, Strategic Planning
Associate Manager, Strategic Planning
Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Background & Purpose of the Job
Role supports Personal Care North America Supply and reports to the Strategic Planning Manager also located in Englewood Cliffs. The Associate Manager-Strategic Planning is an important player for the category since they will develop the Supply Chain long term strategies to create value for the category within the existing and future portfolio. The Associate Manager-Strategic Planning will develop sound business cases to support category growth, cost savings and service improvement following the USLP principles and ensuring the optimal E2E network design. In addition, they will also perform long term capacity planning, evaluate network constraints, identify improvement opportunities, review capex and technology needs, lead 5S savings identification and implementation, complexity reduction initiatives, and strategic project scoping and execution-all towards driving Gross Margin improvement. This role will not only simulate/optimize current network but continually look for step change opportunities within the E2E network. This person will work as part of the Product Group team and will interact with Brand, Supply/Demand Planning, Factories, Finance, Procurement and R&D to deliver the category business targets of today and enable the business targets of the future.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
- Continually analyze the E2E category network and propose and execute step change and continuous improvement projects
- Develop business case analysis with Finance defining capex and cost savings for project execution
- Develop long term capacity and constraint models for long term E2E network analysis and use optimization and simulation techniques to improve network performance
- Support complexity reduction in product portfolio and overall network
- Manage Smart Sourcing and Smart Product projects (up to $5M spend) start to end. Develop Networks and ensure on time and within budget delivery.
- Perform long-term capacity planning (LTCP) and develop further the LTCP capabilities
- Monitor the progress on achievement of the category KPIs in Gross Margin, service, and working capital
• You're a strategy guru: You not only understand what the sourcing network needs to be today, but more importantly what it needs to be tomorrow. You can balance multiple tradeoffs to arrive at the best solution for Unilever
• You're a dot connector: You can see the impact of process choices on down-stream and up-stream activities in the end-to-end supply chain.
• You love to win, and have fun doing it: We make big choices on investments and capital that have impact for years down the road. Have to be bold in the recommendations with an we will win mind-set.
• You're a changemaker: Some of the things that work today, will not work in the future. You are often the first to recognize the strategy of the future and will need to bring others along.
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor's Degree with preference for Finance, Business, Logistics, and/or Engineering disciplines
- 3 or more years combined experience in any of the following areas: Supply Chain planning, Manufacturing, Logistics, Engineering and/or Operations Research
- Clear demonstration of leadership, team commitment and influencing others
- Cross functional business process, commercial and financial acumen
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top