Associate Finance Manager (Insurance & Risk Control)
Background & Purpose of the Job
As the primary resource for North America, this role will provide support to the Controllers team including decision support and financial insight of insurable operational and hazard risks to Unilever's operating units in the United States and Canada.
This role will work closely with Unilever's Corporate Insurance and Risk Control group based in the Netherlands, and manage external relationships with third party claims service provider, insurers, brokers, actuaries, insurance consultants, and internal relationships with key stakeholders in various functional groups (legal, supply chain, finance, etc.) to ensure the delivery of Unilever's Insurance and Risk Control programs.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
You will be challenged and serve as an internal subject matter expert to enhance awareness of insurance and risk management programs. Have a strong background in the management of commercial and corporate insurance programs in multiple jurisdictions in the United States and Canada. Strong understanding of insurance markets and trends. Provide strategic and financial insights that lead to the achievement of financial and business goals. Manage and coordinate the alignment of Unilever insurance programs across North America and bring newly acquired units onto the Unilever insurance platform. Prepare the annual budget for cost of insured risks and its allocation to various business units across the region. Policy management, compiling and preparing underwriting information, coordinating audits, budget preparation, claims management reporting and financial/capital analysis, managing the Letters of Credit facility, and the identification of risks and opportunities.
- You're a strategy guru: Ability to analyze and understand external business factors and interpret them internally.
- You're a dot connector: Ability to identify and implement performance and process improvements while working to adopt best practices.
- You're a paradox navigator: Ability to effectively manage the ideas and strategies, and excel at developing a strategy for success.
- You're a culture & change champion: Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build collaborative relationships with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline (e.g. Finance, Risk Management); Master Degree or CPA designation is preferred
- Minimum of four years' experience working in a corporate Risk Management/Insurance department, Brokerage or a combination of relevant industries.
- Good understanding of the major lines of insurance including but not limited to Property, Liability, Management Liability, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office 365 (Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Outlook, SharePoint etc.)
- Proficiency in SAP preferred
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously with initiative, and work well in a collaborative and team environment
- Strong multi-tasking skills with a comfort in maintaining multiple, often conflicting, priorities, and deadlines
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top