Associate Customer Business Manager – WM Foods
- Rogers, AR
Location : Bentonville, AR
Reports to : Team Lead, Walmart Foods (Savory & Tea)
Background & Scope :
Unilever is accelerating growth at Walmart through Retail and Walmart eCommerce/Omnichannel as channel diversity is becoming ever more critical to Unilever's growth. The Associate Customer Business Manager will manage the Walmart Tea business, define assortment, and channel strategies, and analyze the business to drive growth. This associate will drive profitable sales volume and develop sustained business relationships with Walmart. This role will be based in the Bentonville, Arkansas area (preferred) and will report to the Walmart Foods Team Leader responsible for Tea.
Who You Are & What You will Do
The ACBM is responsible for achieving volume goals while maintaining spending goals based on the joint business plan. They maintain distribution, drive innovation and influence others to obtain resources to help win in the marketplace. An ACBM must be able to juggle multiple projects at once while maintaining a precise business acumen. The aCBM is directly responsible for accelerating the growth of Unilever's direct-ship business through direct account management oversight of the Walmart Tea business. They will drive mutually profitable sales volume for Unilever and are responsible for POS & turnover, category and brand share, trade marketing spend management, and sales contribution margin (SCM). The CBM will also leverage retail & eCommerce best practices and fundamentals, our Category Management, our Consumer & Market Insights Team, our Direct Response Team (DRT), and CD Learning to identify top opportunities for Walmart. They will partner with Walmart buyers on joint business plans to commercialize and deliver on these opportunities. Pioneering nextgen data analytics, and re-inventing supply chain are just a few of the challenges you will conquer.
- Oversee the Sales forecast internally and externally through portfolio management, partner with X-functional team to meet operational targets such as turnover, category growth, margin, and competitive share growth
- Apply operational rigor and leverage analytics to make sound, data-driven decisions
- Interface with Walmart leadership regularly to deliver the joint plan
- Coordinate annual planning efforts and drive trade investment effectiveness and ROI
- Coordinate, manage, and lead all marketing/cat man and supply chain initiatives
- Lead innovation strategy and manage core of the core distribution by working with Brand
- Manage and influence sales and all investments at Walmart
- Coordinate annual Joint Business Plans at Walmart
- Partner internally to meet Customer & Unilever objectives with CCD, Brand, and SM
- Achieve sales, profit, and spend targets
- Be strategic as well as manage the day to day details
You are a born leader: At Unilever, everyone has a responsibility to take the lead and everyone has the opportunity to make a difference. Leadership is about impact and behavior, not job titles and work levels. It is everyone's business, not just the manager's business.
You are a self-starter: You love working with ambiguity, developing new solutions and influencing change with a strong bias for action.
You're a dot connector: Seeks to understand broader business goals and plans and ensures that goals/plans in their own unit/location are not in conflict. This person can pull together the pieces to create a strategic plan at the customer.
You generate breakthrough ideas: You enjoy the challenge of coming up with new ways to deliver growth.
You're a storyteller: A good leader is able to pause, listen and bring together multiple data points to tell an influential story on the business objective. Story telling is key to helping sell internally and externally what you need to win in the marketplace.
You're a changemaker: Focuses effort on continuous improvement, work simplification and the elimination of non-value-added work.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred
- 3+ years' experience in CPG or Retail industry, including roles in sales or customer development
- Experience as a Customer Business Manager preferred, or similar Account Management or Customer Management experience
- Strong negotiation skills and experience in owning/meeting commercial targets
- Ability to forecast sales and manage trade investment and return on investment
- Working knowledge of ecommerce retail basics, traffic and conversion drivers, search, the consumer's path to purchase journey, and pure play customer models
- Prior experience in sales, eCommerce or buying
- Must have proven success building customer relationships and effectively communicating with a wide variety of leaders
- Must be able to provide clear leadership to a broad cross-functional business team to execute against business strategies. Strong track record of collaborating and influencing a wide variety of stakeholders, internal and external
- Must be a strategic thinker that can balance data and insights with trends and big picture thinking.
- Must demonstrate ability to leverage future trends and market insights and think creatively when building business plans and influencing the customer
- Working knowledge of eCommerce retail basics, traffic & conversion drivers, Search, the consumer's path to purchase journey, and pureplay retailer models. Prior eCommerce or omni-channel experience preferred
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top