Associate Consumer Market Insights Manager - Ben & Jerry's
Ben & Jerry's Homemade Inc., started in 1978 in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont, USA, founded by childhood friends and dedicated activists Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. In 2000 Ben & Jerry's became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Unilever while maintaining an independent Board of Directors to provide leadership focused on preserving and expanding Ben & Jerry's social mission, brand integrity, and product quality. Nowadays our products are distributed in 35 countries in supermarkets, grocery stores, convenience stores, franchise Ben & Jerry's Scoop Shops and other venues.
At Ben & Jerry's we have an inspiring ambition. We aim to pioneer our 'linked prosperity business model' to advance the global movement for social and economic justice while growing our sales to one billion € by 2020. This translates into a high-paced growth environment where we bring our grassroots and activist spirit every day. That is how we remain a true values-led organisation with a connected 3-part mission, which you will find reflected in your goals and aspirations:
Background & Purpose of the Job
Everything at Ben & Jerry's centres around people. From ensuring our employees and suppliers can take part in the profitable growth of the company, to making the best tasting ice cream for our fans - People are at the heart of everything we do! This position will play a critical role within Ben & Jerry's Global organization to champion our consumers and put our fans at the core of the decisions we make.
Ben & Jerry's sits in a very unique position within Unilever which offers the opportunity to work in a fast pace and innovative values-led company, while also leveraging operational excellence of a larger organization. We are looking for people with the research experience and expertise of Unilever CMI combined with an entrepreneurial spirit to thrive as a team member within Ben & Jerry's. A true passion for preserving the 3 part mission and the community around Ben & Jerry's will be essential to success in this role.
You will play a key role within the Ben & Jerry's global organization and have multiple touch points for research to explore. One of the great benefits to this CMI position within Ben & Jerry's is that you get to design and execute full research plans that span multiple portions of the business such as:
- Supporting the launch of successful innovation
- Uncovering key consumer insights that can shape future innovation & communication strategy
- Understanding how brand communication is working
- Unlocking different ways to drive sales in Market
- Exploring consumer behaviour within our Retail Scoop Shops
- Pilot the latest research methodologies in the digital space
- Unlocking the potential of our social mission communication
What You'll Do
- Direct the design and execution of research and provide insights and recommended action to support the brand Globally. Areas of focus include New Products, existing product lines, Scoop Shops, Social Mission, Integrated Marketing/Integrated Brand Campaigns, Advertising, and Digital/Social Media.
- Partner with Brand Development on innovation strategy and process. Ensure that innovation roadmap and products launched are based on solid consumer insights.
- Provide salient consumer learnings to develop successful communication campaigns. Drive development of campaigns that resonate with consumers in partnership with Communications Manager.
- Identify new research methods and suppliers to address Ben & Jerry's business issues and ensure the brand stays on the cutting edge of innovation and research.
- Identify and bring on new suppliers and manage existing research supplier relationships. Ensure suppliers have a solid understanding of Ben & Jerry's brand, social mission, and consumers.
- Develop frameworks & research to monitor brand performance across channels and countries
- Lead Future Mania program to identify future trends, new developments, brand performance and positioning to be used in strategic planning and decision-making.
- Being responsible for the global research roadmap and budget to align key priorities from the global business, EU region, Innovation, Communication, and foresight projects to offer a robust learning plan that enhances decision making and helps to prepare our business for the future.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Undergraduate degree required. Advanced degree in Marketing, Marketing Research, or Social Science preferred but not required.
- 3-5+ years of relevant consumer/market research (concept tests, product tests, tracking, copy testing, brand image, etc.).
- CPG consumer/market research experience required
- Food experience preferred or high level of interest/passion
- A true passion for consumer research and comfortable with the full scope of the research process in regards to both Qualitative & Quantitative methodologies including:
- Communication Testing
- Product Testing / Concept Product Testing / Testing and Validating New Ideas
- Consumer Panel Data Analysis (Europanel)
- Syndicated Data Analysis (Nielsen)
- Qualitative Exploration (Focus Groups, Online Idea Blogs, In Home/Shop 1 on 1 etc.)
- Social Listening Analysis via People Data Centre
- Ability to construct a full research plan from idea inception to post launch evaluation
- Exceptional Project Management Skills
- Comfortable Working Independently
Our People Profile
- To support out 3-part mission, Ben & Jerry's also has an outspoken people-mission. We look for people with these characteristics to strengthen our team:
- Purpose-driven: passion and drive to make a real impact with through our Social Mission
- Empathy: curious to collaborate with a variety of personalities and styles and to build excellent relationships with internal & external stakeholders - this includes cross-functional relationships and striving for collaborative success
- Mastery: continuously learn, grow and develop to contribute to B&J
- Autonomy: dare to make choices and take ownership
- Activism: interested in bringing about political or social connectivity
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability >
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities.
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top