Associate Business Development Manager-EBU
Associate Business Development Manager-EBU
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Associate Business Development Manager is responsible for managing the Distribution Partners and work closely with them to executing and delivering business targets by seeding and managing Unilever International's portfolio in Canada across all retail channels.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
You're a born leader: You seek fresh opportunities, insisting on innovation and never settling for "good enough." You take pride in delivering work to the highest standards
You love to win, and have fun doing it: You believe in taking the lead in the marketplace versus following. You have a positive attitude about the company's future and a passion for winning.
You're a strategy guru: You love to think outside the box and imagine new possibilities for the business. You are a visionary, creating strategies to drive business growth and inspiring others along the way.
You're a story teller: You use data to drive actionable insights to illustrate problem-solving and land compelling messages. You craft meaningful stories that resonate with a broad and diverse audience.
You're a changemaker: You know there is always a way we can improve results and you are committed to helping others see those possibilities
- Coordinate the process of Joint Business Planning (JBPs) and Sales and Marketing execution plan across internal (Unilever) and Distributor teams
- Understand Consumers, Customers and Channels in Canada
- Lead all negotiations with all National Banners
- Oversee Distributor execution of the agreed plans
- Coordinate the training of the distributor teams to bridge capability / process gaps
- Ensure full integration of Customer Marketing Plans with Brand Marketing Plans and Distributor Business Planning
- Provide distributors input into Innovation program through insights on in-market competitor activities and pricing research.
- Measure, track and report customer performance and ensure real time correction plans are put in place to ensure achievement of agreed Objectives.
Manage Internal UI Processes
- Monitors implementation and adherence to UI Processes internally across functions and externally with the distributors
- Monitors the performance of business partners
- Communication: Shares actual performance of Business with the Internal Business Partners.
Sales Operations Management:
- Execute and Monitor Perfect Stores in Key sales channels - execute and monitor planogram
- Ensuring speed to market for New Product Distribution
- Analysis New Outlet Sales Throughput
- Ensure submission of Monthly Principal Report
- Sales Report – Daily / Weekly / Monthly
- Ensure timely accrual of all Trading Terms in the system
- Ensure proper tracking of trading terms / promotion budget vs actual
- In-Market Activities Report & Competitor Data
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree from a recognized institution
- 5-7 years' related experience
- Must be able to speak proficient business English. Knowledge of any international language/culture is a bonus.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, a global attitude and mindset to understand and deal with other cultures
- Self-starter, proactive, driven and can work with minor supervision
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time Experience in either Trade Category Management or Supply Chain or Field Sales
- SAP FI, SD, MDM, Pricing and Rebate modules knowledge
- Meticulous with details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans; Life Insurance; Optional Life Insurance including Spousal Life and Child Life; Voluntary Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Consumer Directed Health Care Spending Account; Defined Contribution Pension Plan; Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan; Tuition Reimbursement; Fitness Subsidy; Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an equal opportunity employer. It prohibits discrimination based on age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other legally protected class in accordance with applicable federal, provincial and local laws. Unilever is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace. If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process please let us know.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top