Associate Business Development Manager, Seeding
- Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Unilever International USA- Asst. Business Development, Seeding
Schedule: Full time
Location: Englewood Cliffs, NJ
Function: Customer Development
Travel: Yes 50% of time; Agile Role
ABOUT UNILEVER INTERNATIONAL
Do you want to work for Unilever's fastest growing business that has quadrupled in size from $250M in 2012 to $1BN in in 2018 and has an ambition to double yet again to $2bn by 2022? Do you want the opportunity to work in a fast paced, dynamic, diverse and high growth environment? Do you want to be the GM of your own high-growth business? If so, Unilever International is the place for you!
- A $1BN global business unit, setup as a complimentary "route to market" catering to white space geographies, channels, consumers and categories.
- Headquartered out of Singapore with 5 regional business hubs in India, Dubai, USA, UK and Korea.
- Fastest growing business unit within Unilever with access to a basket of over +100 global brands, 4,000 sku's and serving consumers in over 130 countries.
- Our core focus revolves around launching white space and complimentary portfolio of UL global brands in Discounters, Ethnic stores, national retailers, eCommerce, specialty channels, i.e. Travel Retail (airports, airlines, cruise ships, border stores) and Institutional channels (hospitality, educational, offices, medical facilities and elderly care)
- Setup as a lean, entrepreneurial organization with a laser sharp focus on "speed to market" leveraging a network of over +400 global 3rd party distributors/importers.
Our Culture & DNA
- We will be the fastest route to market globally
- We take challenges which no others take
- Impossible is an opinion, not a fact
- Speed is our Currency
- When brands are built right, they can last a lifetime
BUSINESS CONTEXT & JOB PURPORSE
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the BDM in white space market and channel expansion. The role will entail working closely with international distributors and key internal support functions to grow sales profitably as well as developing new white space opportunities in markets outside our core export markets.
Previous experience working with distributors seeding global brands into white spaces is essential, as well as experience of working with distributors, you must have a good grasp of all areas of market development, retail distribution and digital and have a strong commercial, customer service/supply chain, pricing and P&L management experience.
- Working hand in hand to support the BDM and UI distributors to seed Personal Care portfolio in the US which will include identifying range gaps and mixes, working with NPD teams on landing innovations with speed, customer sell-in, implementing shopper marketing programs, promotions and special events as well as developing new categories
- Working closely with UI Finance to setup optimum pricing and managing trade investment which delivers competitive and profitable growth
- Ensure basic hygiene on price and trade investment
- Working closely with UI Distributors on robust long-range forecasting and UI Supply Chain, customer service to ensure 98% order fulfillment on time.
- The incumbent will be required to work hand in hand with the BDM/BDD and UI distributors to ensure delivery of top line, bottom line, market share targets and superior customer service.
- Representation at annual trade fairs and ability to present and sell products face to face, retaining existing customer base and expanding acv distribution across Grocery, Mass, Drug and Club channels
- Ensure compliance with Unilever's COBP, corporate policies and procedures.
- Maintain highest quality standards, ensure safe working practices and care for environment.
- External: Distributor team, Retail Buyers
- Internal: UI BDM, UI CD teams, UI SC, UI Finance, UI Innovation planning and UAPL (Singapore)
- Entrepreneurial "Can Do" mindset
- High growth mind-set, consumer/shopper and customer focus
- Discontent with business as usual
- UL SOLs: Bias for action and change, Accountability and responsibility
- Strong Communication & Influencing skills
- To be successful in this fast-paced and high growth role, a minimum 5+ year operational experience on distributor management, customer service, supply chain and category development
- Excellent financial, analytical and communication skills
- Ability and drive to work independently
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see Equal Employment Opportunity Posters
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at NA.Accommodations@unilever.com . Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Back to top