Associate Brand Manager – EBU (Toronto, CA/ Englewood Cliff, NJ)
Associate Brand Manager – EBU & Canada Seeding
Background & Purpose of the Job
This position is accountable for providing support to the Marketing Manager for the continued development of the Ethnic Business Unit (EBU) & Canada Seeding. This position will assist in the development and implementation of brand plans. Accountabilities include leading the development and launch of assigned new products, building and interpreting consumer research, market data and findings to translate into effective marketing program proposals (for advertising, media, packaging, strategic promotions and events), and providing recommendations for promotional activities. This position is also responsible for generating sound consumer insight, retail insight and customer marketing support to further support the brand strategy and its execution.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
This position responsibilities will be split 50/50 between EBU & Canada Seeding and reports to the EBU & Canada Seeding Marketing Manager.
- You're a born leader: [You seek fresh opportunities, insisting on innovation and never settling for "good enough." You take pride in delivering work to the highest standards. This position requires strong leadership skills as you will interact with multi-functional business partners across the globe as well as agencies.]
- You're a strategy guru: [You love to think outside the box and imagine new possibilities for the business. You are a visionary, creating strategies to drive business growth and inspiring others along the way. ]
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: [You believe in taking the lead in the marketplace versus following. You have a positive attitude about the company's future and a passion for winning.]
- You're a story teller: [You use data to drive actionable insights to illustrate problem-solving and land compelling messages. You craft meaningful stories that resonate with a broad and diverse audience.]
- You're a changemaker: [You know there is always a way we can improve results and you are committed to helping others see those possibilities.]
What You'll Need To Succeed
- 2-3 years FMCG brand management in North America Retail
- Understanding of Finance P&L of Brands
- Experience of brands launches in North America retail environment.
- Able to manage relationships with advertising agencies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Knowledge/Experience using of Nielsen/IRI data
- Minimum Bachelor's degree, business management or marketing qualification
- Must be able to speak proficient business English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit, a global attitude and mindset to understand and deal with other cultures
- Self-starter, proactive, driven and can work with minor supervision
Meet the Women of Customer Development | Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top