Assistant Marketing Manager - HPC
Assistant Marketing Manager- HPC
Background & Purpose of the Job
Residing within the US Marketing function the Associate Brand Manager will play a key role in supporting brand launches across North America and Latin America, for all import innovations that currently do not exist in a specific market. This role will further support development of overall category strategies, and is expected to drive the growth of assigned brands through excellent marketing execution.
What You'll Do
- Assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic brand marketing plans, leads tactical activities to maximize long term sales and profit growth across the brand portfolio, and shares the responsibility for achieving the brand's gross sales and margin goals.
- Supports product/innovation launches, including managing and facilitating cross-functional meetings, presenting progress and recommended actions to the management team, developing launch plans, and tracking timelines
- Assists in the development, execution and evaluation of market research projects, providing insights that impact the direction and management of the brand. • Understands the impact of cost elements on brand profitability and control brand support expenditures to maintain budget discipline and help ensure brand profit objectives are achieved.
- Drives and monitors commercialization process to maximize innovation value creation.
- Analyzes syndicated data, provides reporting and recommend corrective actions to increase awareness and trial among core consumer target.
- Partners with external digital and PR agencies to ensure all brand activities are in line with the requirements and brand positioning.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions, work independently, and take initiative when appropriate.
Who You Are
You're a strategy guru: Given that this role needs to enable leadership teams to make brand choices outside of the everyday, you need to have a clear strategic mind and present an opportunity that a layman cannot refuse and that benefits Unilever
You love to win, and have fun doing it: an entrepreneur and confident about taking risks. Not all may win but if there is logic and commitment, anything can be achieved. It's not about the race but about winning and this role gives you enough opportunity on that front
You're a story teller: the basis of all marketing is in the story and successful brands only exist where there is a differentiated story. I am looking for a storyteller who people fall in love with!
You're a changemaker: In today's volatile environment, it's difficult to convince people on change. However, within this role a clear logic and passion can bear fruit. You need to pick up the lemons thrown at you and return with mojitos for the table
What You'll Need To Succeed
- Bachelor degree in marketing or related field
- 5 years of previous marketing experience within the CPG industry
- Previous work experience in an international marketing role preferred
- Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
- Proficient in MS Office 365 (Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive, Outlook, SharePoint etc.)
- Drive for results and leaderships skills
- Strong strategic, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Time management skills and ability to prioritize projects as necessary.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills with a comfort in maintaining multiple, often conflicting, priorities, and deadlines
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Please note: as part of the job application, you may be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top