2nd Shift Manufacturing Supervisor
The incumbent is responsible for driving current and future manufacturing performance in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality, Delivery and Morale using TPM operating framework. This includes managing the shift crew and manufacturing activities as well as working individually and on teams to identify areas of opportunity to cause beneficial change.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing manufacturing activities during the designated shift by leading and motivating shift employees in all areas including safety, efficiency, loss management, quality, and continuous improvement (TPM).
- Driving UL SHEQ culture by protecting employee’s health and safety, ensuring compliance of all regulatory and plant safety rules, meeting legislative requirements, providing instruction in regard to safety procedures and supporting plant SHEQ initiatives as required (DuPont Program, GMP, Hygiene, 5S,etc..)
- Accountable for the productivity of the site during off-shifts. This requires contacting appropriate resources for issue resolution, providing alternative duties in the event of breakdown or material shortage, monitoring general performance and behavior of employees, and adjusting crewing or call in replacements as necessary. This requires interfacing with Facilities Support, Material Planning, Quality Support, Warehouse and other department supervisors to ensure efficient operation to meet plant goals.
- Facilitating required training programs to employees. (SHE, TPM, QA, etc.)
- Utilizing Kronos Timekeeping System to maintain weekly record of hours worked, along with explanation of overtime hours worked and ensures hours worked, vacation, personal hours, absences, etc. are correctly documented so employees are paid accurately.
- Regularly cascading/communicating site targets and goals from the Leadership Team to shift crews, consistently and accurately.
- Participating in the development of the annual site manufacturing budget and controlling fixed and variable cost expenditures.
- Fostering positive employee relations, including properly interpreting and managing the CBA, if applicable.
- Promoting and maintaining a safety oriented culture.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- BBA or BS degree from a recognized institution
This position requires three or more years’ experience in supervising or managing part of a manufacturing operation. Some sites require experience in the foods manufacturing business.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory. In order to be considered, please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law.
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening, physical results and background investigation.
Back to top