2019 Finance Summer Internship - Toronto
A better business. A better world. A better you. At Unilever you are more than your job title, you are part of the world's most successful, purpose-led business. Work with brands that are well-loved around the world, that improve the lives of our consumers and the communities around us. We produce world-leading brands including Lipton, Knorr, Dove, Axe, Hellmann's and, alongside trusted local names and innovative-forward thinking brands like Ben & Jerry's, The Dollar Shave Club and Dermalogica. Background & Purpose of the Job
Background & Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the Internship Program is to introduce students to Unilever through a challenging and rewarding experience, which offers them the opportunity to contribute to business goals. At the conclusion of the summer, all interns present their project findings to a panel of key business leaders. Following the Internship, you may be invited to join Unilever in a full time role.
Who You Are & What You'll Do
Work with great people and great brands to do work that makes you proud every day. Unilever offers the chance to make a real positive impact within a purpose-driven sustainable business.
- You're a born leader: You seek fresh opportunities, insisting on innovation and never settling for "good enough." You take pride in delivering work to the highest standards.
- You're a dot connector: You are innovative, resourceful, willing to overcome challenges, and are motivated to improve or create something new.
- You're a change-maker: You know there is always a way we can improve results and you are committed to helping others see those possibilities.
- You're a strategy guru: You love to think outside the box and imagine new possibilities for the business. You are a visionary, creating strategies to drive business growth and inspiring others along the way.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it: You believe in taking the lead in the marketplace versus following. You have a positive attitude about the company's future and a passion for winning.
Finance Excellence Team Customer Development - Toronto
- Support the monthly Sales forecasting process, month end analysis, compilation of Canadian CD balanced scorecard, and trade spend analysis
- Prepare and maintain various reports that showcase customer performance metrics (including shares, profitability, etc)
- Consolidate monthly Earn/ Spend report & Matrix for management review
- Liaison with various account teamsto understand invalid status and provide commentary/insights to team
- Analyze monthly payments due and communicate updates to Key Account Managers (KAMs) for specific customer accounts
- Assist with the Trade budgeting process: collecting Preferred Vendor estimates and provide review on key assumptions
- Assist with required SAP Business Intelligence (BI) data pulls for different Customer P&Ls
Treasury, Corporate Services - Toronto
- Front-line support on the North America Treasury and day today banking operations
- Business partnering and support to Canada tax on the Provincial and Federal sales taxes, foreign withholding taxes, and benefit returns and payments
- Business partnering and decision support to Canada Benefits on pension, retirement, health care and other benefits accounting and reporting and ME close processes
- Remit payments on time for EE pension contributions, ER calculations & contributions and Pension cross charge to Northern Trust
- Support on Benefits and Pension annual budget
- Support on Treasury, Benefits and pension account reconciliation
- Ad hoc support to NA Controllers team on Insurance, intercompany cross charges and Government Reporting work
- Assist in Royalty Accrual and payment process on select Categories
- Assist Finance Excellence Team with special pack & displayer financial evaluations, while business partnering with In-store Visibility teams for key inputs
Finance Excellence Team S&OP - Toronto
- Support the monthly business rhythm (S&OP), month end processes and Global forecasting submissions from a Total Company perspective
- Assist in the consolidation and P&L analysis of our three-year Strategic plan
- Play a key role in our annual Volume Collection process to build out-year supply and demand
- Assist in improving current tools and processes for Management Report and P&L analysis
- Business Partner with Marketing teams to drive Coupon analytics and better decision making
- Ad hoc support to the FET Decision-Support team and FET-Marketing Finance teams
- Liaison with cross-functional teams to support our Monthly Performance and KPI tracker
What You'll Need To Succeed
The successful candidate should be working towards completion of a Business Administration degree with a specialization in finance and an interest to pursue a career in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry. We seek individuals who are dedicated, mature, outgoing and thrive in a team environment.Superior proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required; along with an overall level of expertise in PC/MS Office environments. The successful candidates will be results-oriented with demonstrated initiative and drive.They will possess excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical skills with a sound knowledge of accounting principles.Prior relevant work experience with a CPG company and working knowledge of SAP is considered an asset.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 or NAAccommodations@unliever.com. Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18000FBW
Back to top