2019 Corporate Consciousness Internship - Seventh Generation
Based in Burlington, Vermont for more than 25 years we've been formulating plant-based products that are safe and that work. We believe our products are healthy solutions for the air, surfaces, fabrics, pets and people within your home - and for the community and environment outside of it. As a pioneer in corporate responsibility, we want our products to make a difference-from their development through to their production, purchase, use, and disposal. We are always evaluating how to reduce their environmental impact, increase performance and safety, and create a more sustainable supply chain. We believe it is our responsibility to set a course for a more mindful way of doing business, where companies act as partners with other stakeholders to create a brighter future for the whole planet.
For the past 30 years, we've been a company with strong beliefs about the rights of people and planet. We believe that a company's values are as important as the products it makes. We know that plant-based products can provide the efficacy you are looking for, and that products designed from renewable plant-based ingredients are a more sustainable option than ingredients made from petroleum. We believe that waste, is well... a waste. It's why we use recycled materials to design our packaging, and why we design our packaging to be recycled. We have a lot of beliefs, but the biggest one is that we have a responsibility to this generation and the next seven. What do you believe? We invite you on our journey to nurture the health of the next seven generations.
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Corporate Consciousness intern will work closely with internal key stakeholders, the community, and 3rd party entities to ensure compliance with Bcorp guidelines and establishing best practices through engagement with the broader Bcorp community. The intern will also contribute to the deployment of Seventh Generation's value chain strategy by identifying opportunities and strengths with key manufacturing partners and suppliers.
Who You Are and What You'll Do
- Lead our 2019 BCorporation Certification process:
- Support key internal stakeholders by providing clear guidelines that informs any data requests
- Facilitate overall data integration into BCorp Certification Platform
- Develop "Impact Business Models" that capture Seventh Generation's leading work
- Organize and ensure documentation is prepared for post certification audit
- Capture and communicate key opportunities based on external best practices within the greater BCorp Community
Communicate process improvement opportunities to CC Team based on stakeholder feedback
- Contribute to deploying Value Chain Engagement Strategy:
- Identify key partnerships with suppliers and manufacturing partners to build on existing strengths
- Listen, Learn and effectively translate individual stakeholder goals into broader strategy
- Inform development of a value chain strategy that supports achievement of 2025 Corporate Consciousness Goals
Develop guidance to establish a risk-based approach to Tier 2 suppliers and international value chain partners
- Deliver effective communications to internal community on "Building Communities" work
- Host Employee facing Discussions to share broader work of Building Communities to include BCorp, Supply Chain, Philanthropy, etc.
- Share opportunities for Seventh Generation to "push" ownership of mission programs into community ownership model
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Flair for Project management
- Detail oriented with accuracy
- Collaborate for impact mindset
- Strong computer skills and comfort with complex online platforms
- Prior grounding in social responsibility or supply chain impact measurements
- Knowledge and passion for the BCorporation Certification process
- Strong written and visual communication skills
Life at Seventh Generation is a lot of fun - just like our application process! Check out what you'll experience when you apply for one of our internships:
- Application - Start by completing our simple online application. You can import your details from your LinkedIn profile to speed up the process. You can only apply to one function, so carefully consider which role you would like to pursue before applying.
- Assessment - After your application, if you meet the basic requirements, we'll invite you to participate in a series of fun games that looks at different cognitive, emotional, and social traits. This will help us find the best fit for you and you will receive personalized feedback after completing the games.
- Digital Interview - Upon successful completion of the assessment, you will be invited to participate in a digital interview where you can solve real-world problems using Unilever scenarios. This will give you insight into our company culture and how we do business. The interview is split into two parts - three short hypothetical questions followed by a business case. You can record and complete your video anytime, anywhere. All you need is a computer or mobile device with access to video recording (usually standard in most devices) and a stable internet connection.
- Discovery Center - Once the interview is complete, we'll invite our top matches to our offices in the Greater New York City or Toronto areas (depending on which job you applied for) for a truly immersive experience. You'll get to experience a number of exciting activities and projects along with your peers, meet our leaders, and receive personalized coaching and feedback. The exercises are designed around a real business case study, enabling us to tap into your potential while giving you further insight into what it's really like to work at Unilever.
- Please add email@example.com to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application. Please check your spam folder if you are expecting communication
Seventh Generation is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 or NAAccommodations@unliever.com . Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Job: Human Resources
Primary Location: United States-Vermont-Burlington
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 18000DG8
Back to top