2018 Fall Finance Teasury Co-op
To receive communication about your application, please add email@example.com to your safe senders list, and ensure your mobile phone number is correctly entered in your application.Please check your spam folder if you are expecting communication.
To qualify for this position you must be able to work a normal weekday shift from 9/4/18 through 5/3/19.
Background & Purpose of the Job
The purpose of the Internship Program is to introduce students to Unilever through a challenging and rewarding experience, which offers them the opportunity to contribute to business goals. Following the Internship, you may be invited to join Unilever as a Full-Time Management Trainee through our Unilever Future Leaders Program (UFLP).
Who You Are & What You'll Do
Work with great people and great brands to do work that makes you proud every day. Unilever offers the chance to make a real positive impact within a purpose-driven sustainable business.
- You're a born leader:You seek fresh opportunities, insisting on innovation and never settling for "good enough." You take pride in delivering work to the highest standards.
- You're a dot connector:You are innovative, resourceful, willing to overcome challenges, and are motivated to improve or create something new.
- You're a change-maker: You know there is always a way we can improve results and you are committed to helping others see those possibilities.
- You're a strategy guru:You love to think outside the box and imagine new possibilities for the business. You are a visionary, creating strategies to drive business growth and inspiring others along the way.
- You love to win, and have fun doing it:You believe in taking the lead in the marketplace versus following. You have a positive attitude about the company's future and a passion for winning.
Treasury, Corporate Services - Toronto
- Front-line support on the North America Treasury and day today banking operations
- Business partnering and support to Canada tax on the Provincial and Federal sales taxes, foreign withholding taxes, and benefit returns and payments
- Business partnering and decision support to Canada Benefits on pension, retirement, health care and other benefits accounting and reporting and ME close processes
- Remit payments on time for EE pension contributions, ER calculations & contributions and Pension cross charge to Northern Trust
- Support on Benefits and Pension annual budget
- Support on Treasury, Benefits and pension account reconciliation
- Ad hoc support to NA Controllers team on Insurance, intercompany cross charges and Government Reporting work
- Assist in Royalty Accrual and payment process on select Categories
- Assist Finance Excellence Team with special pack & displayer financial evaluations, while business partnering with In-store Visibility teams for key inputs
What You'll Need To Succeed
The successful candidate should be working towards completion of a Business Administration degree with a specialization in finance or accounting and an interest to pursue a career in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry. We seek individuals who are dedicated, mature, outgoing and thrive in a team environment. Superior proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint is required; along with an overall level of expertise in PC/MS Office environments. The successful candidates will be results-oriented with demonstrated initiative and drive. They will possess excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical skills with a sound knowledge of accounting principles. Prior relevant work experience with a CPG company and working knowledge of SAP is considered an asset.
What We Can Offer You
Culture for Growth | Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefits | Every Voice Matters | Global Reach | Life at Unilever | Careers with Purpose | World Class Career Development Programs | Check Out Our Space | Focus On Sustainability
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at 1-855-239-5459 orNAAccommodations@unliever.com. Please note: These lines are reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and are not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Shift: Day Job
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 180007AU
Meet Some of Unilever's Employees
As a Procurement intern, Aja works on the logistics side of Unilever’s business to ensure that the products the company produces get into customers’ hands in an optimal way.
Back to top