Site Acquisition / Field Sales Representative
Are you looking for a unique role that incorporates business development, negotiations, outreach, and creativity? Are you friendly, outgoing, and driven to succeed? Interested in playing a role at a startup? If so, we have a career for you!
Working as Understory's Site Acquisition and Field Sales Representative in Denver, you will have the opportunity to help our team revolutionize the weather data industry by acquiring rooftop sites for the placement of our proprietary weather stations. We offer $$ for leasing space on rooftops, pretty straight forward. That's where you come in. We need individuals to go throughout Denver and make our offer to building owners. No experience or knowledge of rooftop deals is necessary- all training will be provided.
If you're 21 or older, have a safe driving record, own and operate your own vehicle, and carry the legally mandated insurance on your vehicle, and you've got the ability to source, qualify, track, and close opportunities, love independent work, have a knack for finding internal champions in prospective partnering organizations, are adept at multitasking and using Microsoft Office and Google docs, can quickly identify and solve problems that generate long-term improvements, and have some customer or sales-related experience, you're a great fit for our team!
• A temporary, full-time position that offers a competitive rate with commission bonuses
• The potential to move into a full-time, permanent role, based on performance
You're exactly what we're looking for if you also
• working on Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
• excellent communication skills,
• enjoy overcoming challenges and solving problems,
• are friendly, enthusiastic, discipline, and comfortable learning and adopting new technologies,
• are familiar with how residential and commercial properties are developed and maintained,
• are able to walk unassisted across developed and undeveloped sites, and
• can regularly be at site locations, both on the ground and rooftops, siting, standing, walking, reaching and raising items above your head, stooping, kneeling, crouching, lifting weight, and exerting a force up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
Interested in learning more?
Specific role responsibilities include:
• Driving to specific buildings to personally determine building ownership with the purpose of ascertaining permission for installing a weather station
• Acquiring locations via developing location partnerships with schools, recreational facilities, property managers, real estate developers, municipalities, and the like
• Calling prospective property owners to set appointments for in-person meetings for other Understory personnel
• Using creative methods to find host locations for rooftop installations
• Responding quickly and effectively to resolve problems and provide clarity
Understory detects rain, hail, wind, and other weather events where the risk to life and property is the greatest -- directly at the earth's surface. Understory's ground-truth detection provides weather data that leads the industry in resolution and fidelity, which has tremendous potential value and application throughout the country as $485 billion of the U.S. economy fluctuates with weather, touching industries such as insurance, agriculture, and broadcast.
Currently, Understory is an early-stage start-up consisting of fifteen awesome team members and is venture backed by $10M in financing. Our team works hard, but also makes time for team and family fun!
Back to top