Site Acquisition and Field Sales Representative
Are you looking for a unique role that incorporates business development, negotiations, outreach, and creativity? Are you friendly, outgoing, and driven to succeed? If so, we have a career for you!
Working as Understory's Field Sales Representative in St. Louis, you will have the opportunity to help our team revolutionize the weather data industry by acquiring rooftop sites for the placement of our proprietary weather stations, which are already being deployed in networks across cities to better analyze the effect of severe weather on populated areas. We offer $$ for rooftop space, but we need willing landlords!
If you're 21 or older, have a safe driving record, own and operate your own vehicle, and carry the legally mandated insurance on your vehicle, and you've got the ability to source, qualify, track, and close opportunities, love independent work, have a knack for finding internal champions in prospective partnering organizations, are adept at multitasking and using Microsoft Office and Google docs, can quickly identify and solve problems that generate long-term improvements, and have sales-related experience, you're a great fit for our team!
You're exactly what we're looking for if you also
• have a Bachelor's degree in Business, or a related field, and excellent communication skills,
• enjoy overcoming challenges and solving problems,
• are friendly, enthusiastic, discipline, and comfortable learning and adopting new technologies,
• have had fun developing B2B relationships, working with governmental organizations, and cities,
• are familiar with how residential and commercial properties are developed and maintained,
• have existing relationships with potential rooftop partners,
• have proposed and negotiated lease agreements before,
• are able to walk unassisted across developed and undeveloped sites, and
• can regularly be at site locations, both on the ground and rooftops, siting, standing, walking, reaching and raising items above your head, stooping, kneeling, crouching, lifting weight, and exerting a force up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
Interested in learning more?
Specific role responsibilities include:
• Acquiring locations via developing location partnerships with schools, recreational facilities, property managers, real estate developers, municipalities, and the like
• Calling prospective property owners to set appointments for in-person meetings for other Understory personnel
• Using creative methods to find host locations for rooftop installations
• Responding quickly and effectively to resolve problems an provide clarity
• Driving to specific buildings to personally determine building ownership with the purpose of ascertaining permission for installing a weather station
• A temporary, full-time position that offers a competitive rate with commission bonuses
• The potential to move into a full-time, permanent role
Understory detects rain, hail, wind, and other weather events where the risk to life and property is the greatest -- directly at the earth’s surface. Understory's ground-truth detection provides weather data that leads the industry in resolution and fidelity, which has tremendous potential value and application throughout the country as $485 billion of the U.S. economy fluctuates with weather, touching industries such as insurance, agriculture, and broadcast.
Currently, Understory is an early-stage start-up consisting of fifteen awesome team members and is venture backed by $10M in financing. Our team works hard, but also makes time for team and family fun!
Back to top