Student Recruitment Coordinator (Immediate Start)
- Camden, NJ
Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 53 outstanding public charter schools in grades K-12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. Our mission is to start and manage outstanding urban public charter schools that close the achievement gap and prepare students from low-income backgrounds for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission every day, with a college graduation rate that is well above the national average and thousands of stories of our students and alumni achieving their dreams.
Camden Prep is a college-preparatory public renaissance school serving the students of
Camden, NJ. Each year, Camden Prep launches a large student recruitment campaign to fill its seats for the upcoming year. Camden Prep’s goal is to ensure local families and community partners are aware of Camden Prep as a high quality school option for their children.
Camden Prep is currently hiring a part-time Student Recruitment Coordinator to assist our team with student recruitment. We are looking for an individual that is eager to meet new people, establish partnerships in our community, and loves talking about our school. Specifically, the Student Recruitment Coordinator will work out of our school site, and within the larger Camden community (average of 20-25 hours/week) including evenings and Saturdays.
- Participate in a range of activities including door to door canvassing, phone call
- campaigns, staffing community events, hosting information tables at public venues, and
- home visits to prospective families
- Develop relationships with key early childhood centers, Pre-K programs, and community
- partners serving students in the City of Camden with an eye to recruiting new families
- Assist with identifying key community partners in Camden and the ways our schools can
- connect with them to support students
- Respond to interested families and organizations via phone, email and in person
- Assist at recruitment events
- Flyer and canvass the community
- Participate in evening and weekend meetings and events as needed
- Assist with other recruitment duties as needed
- Love talking with families and getting them excited about Camden Prep!
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Friendly, customer-service orientation
- Must demonstrate a strong desire to be actively and meaningfully involved in supporting
- the mission of Camden Prep
- Be committed to wanting a great education for all children in the city
- Act in a professional, respectful, and cooperative manner at all times
- Must have a vehicle to get around Camden easily
- Fluent in speaking and writing Spanish a plus, but not required
$12/hour. This position is not eligible for benefits
Uncommon believes in the importance of being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization that enables our students and staff to thrive. We are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. At the same time, we work to ensure an inclusive community through creating a space for important dialogue about issues of race and identity for our staff and students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Back to top