Special Projects Coordinator (Newark)
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) is a nonprofit organization that starts and manages outstanding urban charter public schools that close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college. Uncommon builds uncommonly great schools by developing and managing regional networks that are philosophically aligned and highly accountable and by designing and implementing "best-in-class" teacher training. The organization has achieved outstanding academic results based on internal assessments, statewide exams, and graduation milestones. Its schools consistently outperform their district schools and are among the highest-performing urban schools in their cities and states. To learn more about Uncommon click here ,
The Special Projects Coordinators plays a central role in ensuring their campus has effective and orderly school systems. Project work ranges from data analysis related to student performance and operational systems efficiency, to student recruitment, after-school enrichment, Finance, technology, grant authorization, and more. In addition to maintaining the school's administrative systems and routines, the Special Projects Coordinator interacts with a wide variety of constituents and must be able to communicate effectively with students, teachers, families, trustees, donors, and visitors. The Special Projects Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Operations. The Special Projects Coordinator is an entry-level position on our school operations team, and recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Access;
- Displays maturity and ability to work independently;
- Communicates well with others and demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with students, parents, colleagues and community members;
- Enjoys working with children of all ages;
- Detailed-oriented, strong follow-through skills;
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet tight deadlines;
- Prior project planning experience preferred;
- Prior experience working in schools and/or urban communities; relentless commitment to mission of educating urban students;
- Bachelor's degree required.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Please note that your application will not be saved until you click "submit" at the end of the application question set. Unfortunately, you will not be able to save your resume or answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Additionally, if you leave your application before beginning the question set, you will need to upload your resume again in order to move forward with the process upon returning. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.
Back to top