Regional Schools Coordinator (New York City)
REGIONAL SCHOOLS COORDINATOR
New York, NY
Uncommon Schools (Uncommon) Uncommon Schools is a non-profit network of 53 outstanding schools in grades K through 12 across New York, New Jersey and Massachusetts. We are the largest public charter school network in the Northeast, and one of the highest performing. Our mission is to open and operate outstanding public charter schools that close the opportunity gap in low-income neighborhoods and prepare students for success in college and beyond. We are accomplishing that mission today.
About the Position
The Regional Schools Coordinator plays a central role in the management of Uncommon's 53 schools by providing communications and operations support for two Assistant Superintendents directly. Uncommon's Assistant Superintendents develop and manage principals and oversee instructional and academic programs. The duties below represent some of the responsibilities of the Regional Schools Coordinator. As the work evolves, new responsibilities will be added. We are looking for someone who is excited to help us work more efficiently and effectively through their communication and operations support!
- Manage communications with key stakeholders by writing and editing email correspondence and other written materials on behalf of the Assistant Superintendent
- Ensuring the Assistant Superintendent's time is maximized by expertly managing the Assistant Superintendent's calendar through prioritization of appointments, and arranging in-person and virtual meetings
- Tracking, prioritizing, and holding accountable Assistant Superintendent and principals for tasks and project milestones to ensure progress to deadlines
- Managing preparation of meeting agendas, materials, and logistics for key meetings - e.g. check-ins, professional development sessions, and regional principal meetings - involving the Chief Schools Officer, principals, and senior leaders across Uncommon
- Perform general administrative duties including photocopying, mailing, and tracking and preparing expense reimbursements, as needed.
- You get things done and thrive in a fast-paced environment! You have a "whatever it takes" attitude and thrive on getting results through your excellent personal attention to detail and organizational system. You expertly manage your time and multiple, competing priorities.
- You are receptive to feedback and have high standards of excellence-you seek input on how to improve in your work and strive to continuously improve.
- You are a self-starter who approaches a variety of tasks with enthusiasm-you have experience initiating and moving work at varying levels of complexity forward and feel comfortable identifying and raising/overcoming challenges along the way.
- You believe that people matter-you find personal satisfaction in working on initiatives that would make someone better in their job or made someone else's life easier. You value the relationships you build with stakeholders and work hard to build trust.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint, and able to learn new computer systems quickly.
- Bachelor's degree required
We offer a competitive compensation package, including a salary significantly above the district scale and comprehensive health benefits. In addition to extensive professional development, all our teachers are equipped with a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, a library budget, and all necessary instructional supplies.
As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please note that your application will not be saved until you click "submit" at the end of the application question set. Unfortunately, you will not be able to save your resume or answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Additionally, if you leave your application before beginning the question set, you will need to upload your resume again in order to move forward with the process upon returning. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.
Back to top