Financial Management Analyst (New York City)
Financial Management Analyst
Reports to the Senior Associate Director of Financial Management
The Financial Management Analyst will support the Senior Associate Director of Financial Management (Sr. AD of FM) on aspects of financial management including, but not limited to, supporting the annual budgeting process, the management of budgets throughout the year and financial analysis. The FMA will work closely with the members of the team to support team initiatives and projects, and reporting and compliance, as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supports the annual school budget development and management process through
- Conducts budget meetings with school and regional leaders and reporting key takeaways to Director and/or Senior Associate Director
- Aids with select financial projections (e.g., core aid, benefits),
- Assists with regional "pre-budgeting" analysis and recommendations
- Supports financial management trainings for Directors of Operations to support their in understanding financial management, financial reports and budgeting
- Reviews monthly reports and flags issues
- Supports development of Finance Committee materials
- Supports and executes on financial reporting and model maintenance
- Maintains regional financial models with current and accurate financial information.
- Reports financials to states, regional teams, and other Home Office teams.
- Supports the development and implementation of team initiatives to build scalability and enhance processes while maintaining A+ service for our schools. Takes the lead on other special projects and requests, as needed.
- Performs various administrative and other related duties as assigned and required by the role.
Reports to Senior Associate Director of Financial Management and works closely with the entire Financial Management and Accounting teams; interacts with all Home Office personnel and school based teams.
- Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- An obsessive attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Financial management skills.
- Ability to create and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, Outlook, internet research, etc.).
- Educational background:
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in an analytical role with a finance focus preferred.
- Experience in K-12 public education preferred.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package. Aside from extensive professional development, all our staff members are equipped with a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies.
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Please note that your application will not be saved until you click "submit" at the end of the application question set. Unfortunately, you will not be able to save your resume or answers as you go along. Please take this into consideration. You are welcome to open the application, copy and paste the questions into a Word Document, and then copy and paste your answers into our application once they are complete. Additionally, if you leave your application before beginning the question set, you will need to upload your resume again in order to move forward with the process upon returning. Thanks in advance for the time you are taking to apply to Uncommon Schools.
Back to top