Wireless Network Engineer III
Wireless Network Engineer III with proven ability to work on an operations team to design, implement, and manage complex wireless network infrastructure solutions in a multi-national organization.
The incumbent will be responsible for planning, designing, and implementing wireless networks (LANs) across the organization. In addition, the Wireless Network Engineer III will focus on the installation, monitoring, maintenance, support, and optimization of all Cisco wireless network internetworks, hardware, and software. This individual will also analyze and resolve wireless network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
Candidates should possess an expert level of wireless network experience technologies and concepts. Must have strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current and emerging technologies. Must be able to manage very dynamic environments and have the ability to adapt quickly to technology changes.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Design, deploy, and optimize highly available and scalable enterprise grade wireless networks.
- Responsible for the implementation, operational upkeep, and monitoring of wireless network infrastructures including but not limited to wireless controllers, access points, and wireless monitoring software platforms.
- Oversee new and existing wireless equipment, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Configure wireless networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes in a heavily utilized wireless environment.
- Monitor and test wireless network performance, provide wireless network performance statistics/reports, and troubleshoot production issues as needed.
- Work is primarily performed between 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday – Friday, with “on-call” as all environments are expected to operate 24×7
- Work on projects outside normal working hours
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience designing and supporting enterprise wireless networks
- Proven ability to provide clear and consistent documentation with attention to detail
- Expert working knowledge of:
- Wireless network management protocols, traffic generation, and analysis tools
- Cisco wireless controller and access point platforms
- Network protocols, topologies, and services: i.e. TCP/IP, SNMP, bridged protocols, Gigabit Ethernet, MPLS, VPLS.
- Strong protocol analyzer and related network diagnostic tools
- Comprehensive understanding of local and global load balancing and ADC strategies/ techniques, expertise in application switching / traffic management, knowledge of persistence and SSL certificates
- Network management systems
- Experience with implementation and support of MPLS, Metro Ethernet networks or Metropolitan LANs
- Self-motivated and capable of working effectively without supervision
- Exceptional written & communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem-solving expertise
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Detail oriented
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Cisco network certifications such as CCNP/CCIE Wireless
- Will be expected to travel up to 15% to various office locations
- Will be required to travel outside of the US and will require a valid passport
Back to top