VP, Customer Engagement Center
Founded in 1990, Ultimate Software is a leading cloud provider of people management solutions. Ultimate’s passion for excellence and focus on people exemplifies a unique corporate culture you won’t find anywhere else. Our company’s UltiPro solution provides a comprehensive approach to manage the employee life cycle, from recruitment to retirement.
We’re dedicated to delivering high quality software and services for human capital management.
We are passionate about continuing to get better. We have the happiest employees and 98% customer retention.
Ultimate knows that committed, happy employees make for committed, happy customers. Our people have built UltiPro into what it is today-an award-winning, strategic, and exceptional product suite-and our people provide our customers with a commitment that is unique in our industry.
- We are ranked 15th in Fortune’s Top 100 Places to Work in America for 2016. This is an absolute testament to the special culture here at Ultimate Software.
- We also just ranked #1 on the Best Workplaces in Technology list published by Fortune.
- We are #7 on the Forbes Most Innovative Growth Companies.
- Ultimate Software was named as one of the 50 most Engaged Workforces in America for 2015.
- Ultimate is also ranked #4 on the 2015 list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in the US,” #68 on “Top 100 Fastest Growing Companies,” #23 on “Top 100 Best Workplaces for Women,” and #4 on “50 Best Workplaces for Diversity” produced by FORTUNE.
What sets us apart? We are in a position where we continue to invest in our customer experience. No matter how much you put into it, you can always get better and create an even better experience for our customers. We are relentless and obsessed.
Ultimate Software is seeking a customer focused individual to act as the Vice President, Customer Engagement Center. Responsible for executive oversight and thought leadership of Engagement Center representatives and leadership team. Drive the business, from a people, process, and technology perspective.
Responsible for the day-to-day operations in the Customer Engagement Center, which includes our Rapid Response Contact Center and Specialty support teams; directing, managing and coaching staff to ensure high quality customer service. Collaborate with the internal stakeholders on all services communications as well as the development of necessary documents and materials. You will drive strategic planning and execution of all Customer Success Operations. Core duties include management and leadership of processes for the continuous improvement of the customer experience. Tactical emphasis is on customer service, quality management, workforce planning, coaching and training and establishing all related performance metrics. Develop and implement strategy that will address the requirements of a rapidly changing high growth business environment.
Develop a culture of continuous improvement by establishing and maintaining an environment where new ideas and solutions are encouraged, evaluated, quantified and implemented
Provide strong, dynamic leadership that mentors, develops, and guides team members to efficiently leverage the value of every call. Continuous knowledge acquisition of up-to-date contact center practices and technologies, including voice response systems and networks
Qualified candidates are highly-motivated and solution-driven, and possess a drive to deliver a high standard of service to our customers. Knowledge of UltiPro HCM product is a plus. This role will be pivotal to the success and effectiveness of the entire organization as it scales to its next level and firmly takes the helm as the industry leader in its space.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished, high energy, collaborative leader who has a proven track record of working collaboratively and independently to help a world class organization sustain its success and market leadership.
- Motivate, coach and lead the new team to achieve department goals
- Working knowledge of Customer Experience best practices
- Understand and prioritize work to ensure we exceed expectations of customer satisfaction
- Define trend setting performance metrics and drive team to meet those metrics
- Provide feedback and set development goals for direct reports
- Function effectively in a high paced environment
- Coach, promote teamwork, resolve conflict, and conduct performance evaluations
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Work within a voice of the customer structure to interpret and action team member and customer feedback for improvement
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in a Customer facing contact center/ customer success leadership role
- High volume support experience overseeing work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in handling difficult and/or escalated situations
- Demonstrate leadership, decision-making, and team building skills
- Demonstrate strong oral, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills
- Working knowledge of UltiPro applications a plus
- Excellent positive customer service skills
- Outstanding organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or MIS, or equivalent
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top