User Experience Designer
Working with Ultimate Software as a User Experience Designer means you’ll tackle all aspects of the delivery process from user research to physical and digital prototyping to software production and testing. If you’re a creative thinker with a passion for pixels, love to massage interactions just right, and have a knack for building compelling user experiences, keep reading.
Here at Ultimate Software we are driven by one thing above all else: putting people first. It’s not only the nature of our software, it’s the key ingredient to the culture of our company. It is this ideal that drives our passion for finding simple solutions to complex problems, for building software that can adapt and evolve, and for creating amazing user experiences that not only get the job done, but delight our users along the way.
You’ll be working on a team of designers, user researchers, and other talented engineers to experiment, learn, and develop the next generation of Human Capital Management (HCM) software. You’ll expand your skills and knowledge throughout your journey using your experience, continued education, and the support of all those around you! You’ll use your creativity, ingenuity, and passion for both design and engineering to help create software that empowers our customers to put the focus where it matters: their people.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Check out these short videos about design and engineering at Ultimate Software:
o Ultimate Software on Great User Experience
o Software Engineering: Careers at Ultimate Software
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Working closely with senior designers to offer feedback and production support
- Collaborate with Agile software development teams
- Working with distributed teams across the US and/or Canada
- Software design production in:
- Responsive web design and mobile web
- Using software and design patterns
- Prototyping and validating design concepts
- Working with designers and engineers from different backgrounds and integrating your ideas with theirs
- Other duties may be assigned
- 2 or more years career experience in software development
- Self-driven, curious, and collaborative
- Experience with a variety of design tools such as: Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator), Sketch, Flinto, Atomic, InVision, and/or Axure
- A strong UX toolkit demonstrated in your portfolio
- Other useful expertise:
o Experience in designing digital products using a minimum viable product approach
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Graphic Design, New Media, HCI, Interaction Design, or an equivalent experience
Travel Requirement: up to 20%
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top