Temporary Learning Experience Designer
Ultimate Software is seeking a Learning Experience Designer, skilled in instructional design techniques, to produce, manage and edit innovative learning content for our Employee and Customer Learning Team. This will be a 6 month assignment with possibility of renewal.
The successful candidate must possess a talent for concise, audience-targeted instructional development. You will be responsible for developing original material as well as contributing to the work of others, across a variety of instructional mediums. Position requirements include a strong knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional systems design, design thinking and succesive approximation model (SAM) development as well as experience in using a variety of online learning development tools. To be considered, you will possess strong project and content management skills, and a proven track record developing multi-purpose learning content in areas such as self-paced learning paths, and mobile learning.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Create instructional materials (tutorials, digital interactive, user guides, audio and video scripts, story boards, navigational text, tests, etc.) that transform technical information into professionally written, engaging instruction.
- Identify learning objectives, performance outcomes, and evaluative strategies to deliver content including consulting with program owners and subject matter experts to identify learning gaps and content requirements.
- Assist in determining instructional strategies, and conducts media analysis.
- Work effectively with Subject Matter Experts and decision makers to formulate qualified solutions.
- Three years of experience in designing and developing interactive engaging graphic and online learning solutions in a corporate environment.
- Knowledge of industry learning technologies (i.e., serious games, simulations, simulated models, 2 & 3-D animations, virtual learning platforms, LMS, graphics programs, rapid development tools, etc.)
- Able to complete the entire SAM (Succesive Approximation Design Model) process, including development in Articulate Storyline and Articulate Studio.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop blended and technology enabled learning solutions including web-based learning, instructor-led learning, virtual learning, as well as on-the job and self-directed learning resources that achieve desired results.
- Must understand the roles of various media, their strengths and weaknesses, and how to use them to accomplish specific instructional and communications objectives. Able to translate an instructional plan into requirements for specific media components and an effective implementation strategy.
- Knowledge of instructional systems design methodology, rapid design/development methodologies, adult learning theory, research methodology, and assessment tools.
- Able to create formative and summative questions and scenario-based test questions at all levels of Bloom's taxonomy.
- Strong verbal and written communication – must be comfortable working directly with SMEs (Subject Matter Experts).
- Excellent analytical, organizational and project management skills.
- Effective problem solving and strong interpersonal skills.
- Prefer professional training and/or development related certification (i.e., ASTD CPLP, eLearning Guild, DDI, etc.).
- Bachelors in Education, Instructional Design, or equivalent.
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top