Temp - Intern
Do you have the need to help others find solutions? Do you find excitement in finding the cause and remedy for an issue? Do you like working with puzzles and logic problems? Can you take a break / fix issue and extrapolate the fix into a holistic answer for your customer’s project? Do you enjoy educating others and helping them, “learn to fish”? Do you enjoy talking to customers? If so, this might be the position for you!
Ultimate Software is seeking a Data Exchange Specialist. The qualified candidate will possess excellent troubleshooting skills in the area of File Transmissions. The position requires strong oral and written communication skills that are delivered via phone and e-mail. The qualified candidate is a team player who is highly-motivated and solution-driven. This position demands excellent time and priority management skills and the ability to handle several tasks simultaneously.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2018 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot File Transmission connections and failures
- Service customers by diagnosing and resolving issues, calling responsively and proactively, providing documentation, and assisting with providing resources to ensure holistic solutions
- Provide assistance to internal team members
- Knowledge base article creation and usage
- Other duties may be assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- SFTP/FTP file transmission knowledge
- Experience with File Transfer applications (i.e., Globalscape, FileZilla, WinSCP)
- Intermediate SQL experience
- Experience supporting customers and/or end users within a hosted, Software as a Service offering
- Comfortable managing multiple, high-priority issues
- Strong decision-making ability
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong sense of accountability
- Positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work scheduled after hours support
- Team oriented
- Able to contribute in group settings
- Able to analyze with agility
- Ultipro HRMS Payroll Software knowledge
- Ultipro UDES File Transmission a plus
- SFTP transmission connection outcome code knowledge
- PGP / SSH encryption knowledge preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree: MIS, CIS, CS preferred
- Technical certifications
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
- Limited travel upon request.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Back to top