The Telecommunications Engineer is responsible for technology engineering, support and administration of On-Premise and Cloud technologies for voice; including telecommunications software, hardware, firmware for business users as well as local and remote call center agents. This position is located in Weston, Florida.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Avaya and Skype Phone System for different departments and products.
- Critically evaluates and interprets technology issues; uses computer and telephony knowledge to asses and/or resolve end-user, desktop, server, platform, voice, or network issues.
- Creates and configures user accounts (as an escalation point).
- Responsible for moves, adds and changes within telecommunications platforms such as Skype for Business, New Voice Media, InContact and Nice.
- Provides hands-on assistance and troubleshoots telephony failures and service issues for Ultimate Software employees.
- Serves as liaison to vendors and internal staff to provide support and expertise on all aspects of business communication system.
- Maintain telecom profiles for on premise and virtual agents/new employees in all voice applications including but not limited to: Skype for Business, Avaya Communications Manager, New Voice Media Call Center.
- Maintain and update voice portals for carriers including call routes for DIDs, and Toll Free Numbers.
- Creates IVR and Auto Attendant call routes and performs IVR software development.
- Configures alerts and Monitoring tools, applications, and servers.
- Constantly Monitors telephony systems related to: QoS, Jitter, Packet loss, dropped calls, service levels, server availability, service availability, and drive availability and uses these tools to deliver approved service levels to the business.
- Configures and supports voice gateways, SBCs & SIP Proxy Maintain and inventory licenses in phone systems, servers, quality management, and workforce management systems to ensure they are up to date
- Works with business users to develop and implement acceptance test plans to ensure that product meets customer requirements and expectations.
- 5+ years’ experience in Enterprise environments
- Considerable knowledge and experience working with SIP/RTP protocols
- Considerable experience with Contact Centers (on-prem and cloud-based)
- Ability to participate on a On-Call rotation
- Experience with formal change management
- Knowledge of wire shark or similar products required
- Understanding of Agile methodologies, such and Kanban or SCRUM
- Passion for innovation with a track record helping business achieve great outcomes
- Familiar with Sonus Session Border Controllers
- Familiar with AudioCodes Session Border Controllers
- Familiar with AudioCodes MP family of voice gateways
- Familiar with Polycom Soundpoint IP and VVX family of SIP phones
- Familiar with Skype for Business Enterprise Voice deployment
- SCCA Certification a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT Related program or relevant experience required
- Previous experience supporting call center environments required
- Previous experience supporting Avaya environments required
- Previous experience inspecting network traffic from a voice perspective a plus
- 5% - 10%
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Back to top