Technical Resolution Specialist
The Technical Resolution Team is looking for that special individual who has a knack for bridging the gap between our customers' business problems and complex technical solutions. This position is focused on driving overall resolution of customer-impacting technology issues by both independently resolving technical issues and working with other groups outside of the Technical Resolution Team to drive overall customer satisfaction. In addition to resolving technical issues, this position is responsible for acting as the communication liaison between the customer and various departments within Ultimate Software to ensure customers' needs are satisfied.
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Meets the SLAs associated with a high volume of customer cases, determining which cases are appropriate for you to resolve, and quickly contacting the customer to begin the resolution process.
- When troubleshooting with customers, provide them with clear direction on how they can fix the issue on their own or escalating/reassigning the issue to the appropriate group for resolution.
- The ability to clearly document and articulate the root cause of issues and resolutions to customers both verbally and written within the context of a customer service case.
- Participate in detailed and at times difficult conversations with customers regarding technical issues where the customer's orientation may or may not be technical.
- Follow a set weekday schedule, with the possibility of night and weekend work with little or no advance warning.
- Participate in a rotating 24 X 7 on-call shift.
- Microsoft SQL Server Administration. Ability to write SQL queries and decipher complex stored procedures, triggers, scheduled jobs. Ability to identify when table indexing would benefit query performance. Ability to capture SQL traces via profiler.
- General Microsoft Windows Server administration experience related to applying patches, server performance management and monitoring, managing and reviewing log files
- Experience in troubleshooting and identifying issues in a Citrix environment related to Citrix clients and profiles, preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Web Server (IIS) administration in a web farm environment, preferred
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems, or equivalent in work experience
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top