Technical Program Manager – Architecture Program
Ultimate Software is looking for an experienced Program Manager who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. This is a key role for a results-oriented person with the ability to communicate and negotiate effectively, encourage sound decision-making, and assist the teams he/she works with in successfully delivering on commitments. The Architecture Program Manager will be responsible for architectural roadmap planning and will work with architecture, engineering, product management and product strategy across multiple product development teams to guide realization of the architectural roadmap. The role requires a person who can build strong relationships, has a strong technical foundation, and is highly functional in a dynamic and challenging environment. Must be able to manage conflict and tradeoffs and be able to quickly assess the impact of changes and risks to drive creative solutions. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Founded in 1990, Ultimate Software is a leading cloud provider of people management solutions. Ultimate’s passion for excellence and focus on people exemplifies a unique corporate culture you won’t find anywhere else. Our company’s UltiPro solution provides a comprehensive approach to manage the employee life cycle, from recruitment to retirement. We’re dedicated to delivering high quality software and services for human capital management, and it shows in our strong customer retention. Ultimate knows that committed, happy employees make for committed, happy customers. Our people have built UltiPro into what it is today-an award-winning, strategic, and exceptional product suite-and they provide our 2,700+ customers with a passionate commitment that is unique in our industry.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Form strong cross-functional partnerships with architecture, engineering, and product management leadership to plan, manage, and achieve alignment across the architectural roadmap across
- Plan, scope, initiate, track and report on strategic initiatives implementing technologies such as but not limited to Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Tyk, and ForgeRock
- Create visualizations and presentations that convey key milestones and dependencies across the architectural portfolio senior leadership
- Manage change – as changes to the portfolio are proposed, lead the impact analysis, considering short and long-term trade-offs, benefits and risks, then synthesize and communicate options to senior leadership to facilitate decision-making
- Manage deliverables and dependencies within the architecture portfolio
- Track key milestones during product development and manage any schedule or scope risks, by building and creating solid mitigation plans to ensure on-time delivery of committed architecture deliverables.
- Provide information, support, direction, and problem-solving to the teams, as needed, in a manner that provides positive solutions, and if needed, adjusts current processes to improve the delivery, coordination, or quality of the projects
- Provide visibility, reporting and key metrics around key initiatives and products within the architecture portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience with planning, leading, and reporting complex technical implementations for the full software development life cycle
- Experience working in an enterprise-scale SaaS product environment that operates private and public cloud implementations
- Familiarity with cloud implementation concepts such as microservices, containerization, continuous delivery and devops
- Strong technical aptitude – ability to grasp technical concepts and understand the capabilities, impacts, and potential risks of implementing proposed technologies
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills and experience working across multiple teams both within the division and across the company
- Excellent interpersonal, human relations, written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Strong negotiations skills; can influence all levels of the organization and is skilled at leading others to action on key initiatives
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Travel Requirement: Travel up to 10%
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top