This position requires excellent Object-Oriented programming and Design Pattern skills. We are looking for a Technical Lead who is passionate about programming, passionate about quality, and truly enjoys what they do. The qualified candidate is someone who has a can-do attitude and is an innovative thinker.
Ultimate Software works in an agile environment where there are daily standups and code reviews, and constant communication within each self-managed cross functional team. The ability to communicate effectively with Product Analysts and QA’s, as well as work closely and well with other team members are key components for success in this position.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2018 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Leads full life cycle test driven software development in an agile context.
- Responsible for the day to day delivery of software, reviewing of peers' work, and ensuring production pipelines and software are created and deployed
- Coaches, guides, reviews and mentors team members.
- Ensures that all peer reviews are correct with respect to the code, its quality, and practical application.
- Assigns resources to projects and manages timelines.
- Evaluates product performance before and after implementation.
- Analyzes user feedback for new functionality and to troubleshoot issues.
- Provides root cause analysis for production issues that are escalated to the team.
- Works to overcome obstacles to meet the team goals.
- Prepares documentation and presentations as required.
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
- Work-related travel within USA about 4 days per quarter may be required.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Back to top