Team Lead - Customer Support
The Team Lead has the responsibility of managing the day-to-day activities. Mentoring people, monitoring processes and insuring technology is leveraged to exceed customer SLAs is required. Must actively support process and technology initiatives that will improve the operational performance of the team while delighting customers. Must have the ability to manage difficult customer communications and ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally.
This position will operate under the direction of the Manager.
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Ensure that all processes are executed appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Operates as the subject matter expert and provide functional direction in the all areas for issue resolution
- Continuously looks for improvements in operational processes and designs and is responsible for implementing those initiatives
- Optimizes the contribution of the team through coaching and mentoring*
- Manage effective internal/external customer relationships
- Assist in the work load management and prioritization of day to day duties and projects
- May assist Manager in evaluating direct reports and may review the evaluations/development plans of others
- Defines standards and reusable approaches within the Services operations
- Assist Manager in identifying training needs for new or existing associates
- Assist Manager in ensuring coverage for Service Teams in the event of unexpected or planned absences.
- Provide leadership sign-off of processing and daily activities for all Service Lines
- Serves as first point of escalation for all Service Line issues
- Responsible for monitoring completion of requirements and accountable for compliance.
- Attend and/or lead recurring service calls, business reviews and project debriefs for assigned customers
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
- Ensure daily workload and commitments have been completed timely and accurately within established guidelines
- Actively participate in the resolution of day to day issues that arise, including problems with customers, third parties, internal teams and our internal systems as needed
- Develop strong relationships with peers and our internal partners.
- Drive the establishment and refinement of the Ultimate Software Services methodology and best practices
- Coordinate, deliver and participate in Team training
- Team Lead's dominant responsibilities are project management, tracking and supporting the team on key deliverables.
- Served as the subject matter expert in a role for a service provider or corporation
- Ability to lead and influence team members, customers and partners without direct reporting authority
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Proficient using the Microsoft Office Suite of software to include Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience with Ultimate Software strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Proven track record of customer stabilization and subject matter expertise over multiple customers of varying complexity
- Leads by example
- Strong background in customer service required
- Analyze financial data
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- AA degree or comparable education and experience preferred
Travel Requirement: Up to 10%
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top