Tax Payment Specialist
The Tax Payment Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day, quarter-end and year-end tax payment processes within the Trust Operations team and will report to the Trust Operations Manager. This is a full time role located in Santa Ana, CA that is designed to help prepare you for a great career with Ultimate Software and provides healthcare benefits at no cost to you and your family as well as a 40% match on 401k.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute US Tax Payment processes in a timely and accurate manner, Daily & QE Tax Payments
- Adhere to Audit Controls as related to US Tax Payments
- Assist internal and external customers with questions related to US Tax Payments
- Research and resolve issues and bank reconciliation items related to US Payment transactions.
- Special projects as assigned by management.
- Assist in executing Canada Tax Payment processes in a timely and accurate manner, if needed
- 3+ years processing payroll tax payments in multiple states
- Excellent analytical ability within a high transaction volume environment
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to offer new and creative ways to solve problems and/or improve processes
- Ultimate Software product knowledge a plus
- Experience with accounting and/or banking processes
- CPP is helpful
(We cannot require a college degree/certification/license unless we can prove it is an integral part of the job requirement, as in a security certification to fill security position. If not an integral part of the role, we can list as "preferred".)
- BA in Business, Accounting, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent work experience will be considered
Travel Requirement: None
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top