Tax Compliance Business Analyst
Ultimate Software is seeking a Business Analyst with a talent and passion for collaboration. You will be joining our award-winning Development team where you will participate in the design, implementation and testing of our innovative cloud-based Human Capital Management software solution. As a Business Analyst, you will be an essential member of a cutting-edge Agile team focused specifically on the Tax Compliance functionality of our UltiPro product suite. You will be working with some of the most highly skilled Software Engineers and Product Managers in the business, creating incredibly high quality software for our customers.
A Business Analyst is part of the Product Strategy team that facilitates collaboration across the Development and Product Management teams, acting as their liaison. This role is responsible for creating detailed product requirements that decouple the breadth of the solution from the depth of the solution, in order to continuously deliver smaller increments of production-ready code. The Business Analyst is an analytical thinker with deep domain knowledge, and is responsible for translating business requirements from Product Managers into detailed requirements that can be implemented by software engineers. The Business Analyst bridges the higher level "what" into the detailed "what" via story writing, which then becomes the "how" via functioning quality code. Communication, collaboration, facilitation, leadership, coaching, and team building are skills required for Business Analysts.
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Take ownership of the delivery of features/capabilities through the software development process
- Participate in customer meetings with Product Managers to achieve understanding of customer ideas/issues
- Research & refine functional requirements, communicating directly with customers in collaboration with Product Managers
- Lead the creation of designs with Product Manager input
- Create and collaborate on detailed functional designs, using Agile methodologies and tools
- Story writing including conditions of satisfaction
- Work closely with engineers and testers to ensure the product to be built actually gets built
- Understand and triage customer issues, defects, enhancement requests and backlog items conducting any necessary technical research or team collaboration and prioritizing appropriately
- Create materials (presentations, demos, UML artifacts) to help train additional teams on new functionality
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a BA, writing requirements in an IT department or with a software company.
- Knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, with an emphasis on requirements elicitation.
- Strong analytical skills to understand business requirements and decompose into more granular level requirements
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities
- Proven ability to lead diverse groups of resources to solution agreement by leveraging influencing skills to drive consensus
- Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Think imaginatively and intuitively while quickly grasping and synthesizing new ideas
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment to solve business problems
- Self-starter willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Team player
- High degree of self-motivation to learn new methodologies that will enhance job performance
- 3+ years of experience working with Global HCM Software preferred
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top